002.

' 𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟗, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑 '
death row records headquarters ━━
beverely hills, california !

"I'm not doing a duet with her, Dre!" It was one in the morning and the crew were all in attendance at the studio, including the individuals I didn't meet prior which were Lady of Rage, Danny Boy, and Nate Dogg. The D.O.C, who was an artist as well as Dr. Dre's close friend even came through and thankfully, they were all very welcoming of my presence.

However, they had fallen asleep and it was just Kurupt, myself, and Rage that were conscious. Oh, and the very argumentative couple.

Everyone made me feel like I belonged except for Michel'le, which was the main reason why her and Dre were in the back having a screaming match. It was my second day here but it felt longer.

"It's late as fuck and you still haven't laid a track yet?" Kurupt furrowed his eyebrows as he sat next to me who was slouched on the couch. "Nope, and my patience is weighing thin." I complained, secretly wishing I could just get some sleep.

"Do you know what song he wants you to sing?" Rage questioned, leaning against her seat.

"Yep, within an hour, I've memorized my verse and now I'm just here waiting for them to get their shit together so I can sing!" Kurupt widened his eyes at my sudden outburst, but he wasn't as shocked as I was.

Never had I ever been pushed to the limit but leave it up to Dre and Michel'le to make me go nuts. "Release all of that energy in the booth, just get in there and I'll work the soundboard." He walked over to it and sat down, beginning to mess around with the buttons as I headed in the booth, putting the headphones on.

He continued figuring out how to work the knobs, looking up at me for confirmation before I nodded my head, indicating that I was ready. I listened to the melody, taking in the smooth sounds before coming in with the chorus.

"Sex in the rain...Sex in the rain...
The rain...The rain...The rain, (sex in the rain) the rain, the rain, the rain, (sex in the rain) oh I wanna freak u..." My eyes were closed tightly but once it was time for the verse, something in my gut told me to open them and there Kurupt was, his eyes staring into mine.

It felt like he was looking past what I was on the outside, and looked deep within me, making me feel like I was on top of the world. The physical aspects of my being wasn't what he was gazing into, it was my soul- I could just feel it. Or maybe it was just the lyrics getting to me, maybe I was just too caught up in the moment...

"Words can't explain but my actions speak for itself... my imagination's runnin' wild... let's take a trip outside.. you don't need no clothes just you and me gettin' soakin' wet...think of it like a cold shower...havin' wet sex on the balcony.."

The words that escaped from my lips were far from the songs that I would write on my own- this was all Dre's doing but the look on Kurupt's face let me know that I was doing a phenomenal job.

The explicit content of the song was something I never imagined myself singing but here I was, doing it anyways. And doing it well from the looks of it.

Although those were the only parts of my verse, I found myself singing every background vocal, including Michel'le's verses. The instrumental finally came to a conclusion and the lights had turned on and to my surprise, everyone were watching before they all cheered together, instantly making me teary eyed.