052.

WELCOME TO DEATH ROW !
( CHAPTER FIFTY TWO : TROUBLE IN PARADISE. )

❝ HOW DARE YOU EVER TRY TO STEP ON MY SUEDE SHOES? TOP GUN SHOT DOWN YOUR FIRM LIKE TOM CRUISE

❝ HOW DARE YOU EVER TRY TO STEP ON MY SUEDE SHOES? TOP GUN SHOT DOWN YOUR FIRM LIKE TOM CRUISE. ❞

EXCERPT : BUSTA RHYMES , WOOH HAH!! GOT YOU ALL IN CHECK.

Tuesday, April 30th, 1996 Los Angeles, California

OMNISCIENT

IT HAD BEEN AWHILE since Mika spent some time with her homegirls, and she figured there wasn't a more perfect time to hang out with them than now. Ever since she gained cold feet for the wedding and expressed those feelings to Larenz, he kept his distance from her although they lived together.

"It feels so weird with you and Dre not being around anymore. It's hell over there. And don't get me started on that bitch, Michel'le. She's always in the studio rubbing all over Tupac. I think she's giving him some ass too." Jewell shook her head as she used the triangle to rack up the fifteen pool balls.

"Good for her, I guess." Mika used her stick to successfully make a ball into the pocket. She did a little dance, clearly happy with how easy the game was for her.

"You know, he's been doing a lot of fucked up shit. Talking all of that mess about you and Dre. I don't know what's gotten in-"

"J, are we going to spend the whole time talking about Tupac? Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't care. He's not my problem, let him do whatever he wants to do. He's the least of my worries, trust me." Mika watched as Rage held the base of the stick with her right hand, resting the narrow end on her left.

"Yeah, you're focused on getting married. That day will be here any minute now. Five months will be here soon, are you ready?" Rage questioned, earning the silent treatment from Mika.

"Oh, hell. Is there trouble in paradise?" Jewell shook her head as she noticed Mika's facial expression. "That's why I brought you two here. Nas came over to my housewarming party the other day and he really made me rethink everything." She bit down on her bottom lip, staring off into space.

"Nas? I haven't heard that name in forever. Since when did you two get back reacquainted?" Rage wiggled her eyebrows, her attention steering away from the pool game.

"It's not like that, we're friends. He brought his family along with him. But anywho, we had this talk and he read me for filth. He was saying how I was throwing my whole life away for a man. And how I'm not doing this for myself, I'm only doing it to please Larenz." She shook her head in disbelief, chuckling at what he said as if it was a joke.