T H I R T Y - O N E : S O U L S C O L L I D E

A/N: Just forewarning, this chapter and the next few are heavily steamy. So if that's not your cup of tea...what the hell are you doing here anyway? Character development? Haha ;P

Enjoy and remember to vote and comment <3

———
T H I R T Y - O N E : S O U L S  C O L L I D E

K A T A R I N A

I begin to wake up to the sound of beeping, confused, and wondering where the hell I am. My eyes are still closed but I can hear what's going on around me.

The voices, they're now gone. I'm not in the forest anymore since I can no longer smell the musky scent of nature. I'm also no longer in the strong arms of the monster as I was nuzzled against his neck while he carried me into a warm and dry place. Was it Hell?

No, no it wasn't. Memories of opening my eyes and seeing olive-toned skin and a tattoo. The faint scent of Old Spice and the feeling of short hair that curled up at the end beneath my fingertips. The distant feeling of someone holding my hand and touching my belly.

I hear words being said but I can't tell what it is. The voice though, the voice was Dante. That's right! Dante! I remember his name being said before I completely became consumed in my nightmares. Did the monster get him?

Suddenly I'm able to open my eyes as they fly open. I sit up straight and nearly pass out as my head begins to spin. I feel a sharp tug as I look down and see the needle in my arm for the I.V drip. There's a sudden touch on my hand and I quickly turn to see Skye standing there. She's safe.

Tears begin to burn my eyes as emotions pour through me. I wrap my arms around her as much as I can without ripping the needle from me. I grab a hold of her face and have a good look at her.

"Are you okay?" I nearly sob.

"Yes, I'm fine," she speaks softly in a whisper. I see her eyes glance past me and that's when I turn to see something that makes my heart melt.

Dante is laying back in a chaise lounge, it looks like the one from his office, and in his lap, laying against his chest is Joseph. Seeing Joseph snuggled in Dante's arms as they both peacefully sleep makes me fall in love with that man all over again. I want to desperately crawl up next to them and sleep holding both of them.

"Kat how are you feeling?" Skye asks me, pulling me from my distraction.

"I feel better. Still a little weak though and my head is swimming," I smirk as I hold my hand up to my head.

"I'm glad you're feeling better. We were all so worried about you. They barely got back in time for Mickey to create the antidote for the poison," she frowns.

"How long have I been out?" I ask, looking around for some sign as to what the time is.

"Not long, just over night. It's morning time now," she smiles at me and I sigh in relief.

Flashes of memories of Dante in this bed six months ago still haunt me. I was so scared he was never going to wake up. It took so long for him to heal.

There's a noise next to me and I turn to see Joseph waking up. Probably our talking woke him from his deep sleep. I look up to see Dante begin to stir in his sleep also. When Joseph sits up and rubs the sleep from his eyes, he looks up at me and his face goes bright. He smiles widely, popping his dimples. I smile back at him, waiting for what's coming next.