E I G H T E E N : C O N F R O N T A T I O N

A/N: Any thoughts on who the Necromancer is? Hint: it's a character from Commitment;)

———
E I G H T E E N : C O N F R O N T A T I O N

K A T A R I N A

The perfect place for a Necromancer alter in a place like this, is the basement. As I reach the elevator, the curly haired friend of Dante's, Mickey I think, runs up to me.

"I'll help. Maybe I'll see something that could help identify the Necromancer," he smiles contagiously at me and I can't help but smile back with a nod.

When we climb into the elevator and I hit the 'B1' button, he makes a humming noise with approval. I guess we were both thinking the same thing. This building is thirty floors and we are at the top, I'm hoping this doesn't take too long. Halfway down I begin to feel impatient and my hand starts to shake. Mickey notices and reaches over to hold my hand, giving it a soft squeeze and gives me a reassuring look that everything will be fine.

Just as I take a deep breath to calm my nerves, there's a loud bang above us. I look up and I can see the shadow of something above us through the skylight in the roof of the elevator. Suddenly, it crashes through, spilling glass fragments everywhere. I grab Mickey and shove him aside with me so glass doesn't fall onto us.

Two Undeads burst through the window and land with a growl. I quickly pull my blade and attack the first one but it is a little smarter than the others have been and avoids it. The other one shoves me into the wall hard and when I turn, both of them are coming at me with rage in their dead orbs.

I'm prepared to use my magic to stop them but they're thrown back roughly, causing the cart to shake a little as it descends down the elevator shaft. I look over and Mickey has his arm outstretched with a concerned look on his face.

"Shit Kat, are you okay?" he asks me as he comes to assess my condition.

When he touches the side of my forehead, it stings a little and as he pulls his hand back, I notice a small amount of blood on his finger tips. Great, now I'm bleeding. I haven't bled on a mission in a while. Usually I'm so much more planned out and precise but right now the only thing on my mind is stoping the Necromancer and saving everyone upstairs. Saving him.

"I'm fine. It's just a scratch," I smile timidly and wait for us to reach the basement floor.

When we finally make it, we both run out of the elevator and towards the magical energy aura that's radiating throughout this place. I wish I would've sensed this earlier but with quite a few warlocks upstairs, it was hard to tell if it was all of our energy collectively combined or something like this.

As we make it towards the back of the basement, which is the storage room for the Plaza Hotel, I spot a good sized alter. It's tucked away behind some boxes, hidden from anyone who wouldn't know better, such as the humans who work here.

I kneel down and glance over everything that's in front of me. There's black candles lit at the ends of each point of the blood drawn pentagram and a small bowl of blood is placed in the middle. There's skulls, urns, and incense burning on the box behind it. On the front of the box, death runes are drawn in blood. Mickey gasps beside me and when I look at him I see the look in his eyes. He's figured something out by all the materials here.

"I know who it is. There's no doubt about it. Shame, I know Dante or Uncle Lucius won't be happy about this," he frowns at me and I'm about to ask him who it is and that's when I see it.