14. •Δ First Dance Δ•

Start from the beginning

The newlywed greeted Mr. and Mrs. Finley first, and they went home after so Victoria could take some rest, then they were greeted by Mr. and Mrs. Bell who ran a good show in front of their future business partners. Only Axel noticed how Arianna had stiffened when they approached her.

When Matthew came to Arianna, she tensed. It was strange that this was the first time they met. Neither of them even thought of meeting before. Matthew pulled her in a warm hug. And Axel stepped back when he saw Arianna relax.

"Thank you so much, my dear. Kimberly would have been so happy to see you. I acted on impulse when I forced Axel for this marriage but I accidentally made the right choice. You are good for him, he is a good son And I'm sure he will be a good companion too." Matthew said in a hushed voice. Arianna's eyes stung listening to his kind words.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth was crying, watching the two of them talking. She tried to talk to him about meeting her and inviting Arianna for a dinner before the wedding but Matthew waived it off. She was afraid Matthew was wary of her because of the enmity he had with her father.

"Gosh... this woman is embarrassing me." Said Daphne out loud, which made others laugh. Elizabeth playfully hit her friend. Axel stepped toward his father, as he pulled back from the hug. He snaked his arm around Arianna's waist and kissed the top of her head and smiled at his father. Matthew doesn't know how Axel had made Arianna agreed to this marriage.

Meanwhile, Ranveer was busy planning his future wedding with Jennifer, though he was yet to know her name. And Jenny who was now fully aware of Ranveer's scrutiny tried not to make her blush obvious, but the redness on her cheek betrayed her. She liked the feeling but when she saw Marion glower at her, the butterflies in her stomach died before they could even flutter. She didn't belong here and obviously not anywhere close to the man whose shoes cost months worth of her salary.

After meeting all the guests. It was now time for the bride and groom for their first dance. they stood at the center waiting for the music to play. Arianna was so nervous that she could feel sweat dripping from her palm. When Axel held her hand. He stifled his laughter, amused at how nervous Arianna was. On the other hand, Arianna could not believe he was holding her cold sweaty palm and was not disgusted even the slightest bit. Even she felt disgusted with herself.

As everyone gathered to watch the new couple. Ranveer sidestepped like a crab to stand near Jennifer, so he could ask her for a dance.

The spotlight was above Arianna and Axel, and the rest of the place was in dim light. A slow song was played. Arianna and Axel stepped closer to each other. Axel's lips move close to her ear, he could feel Arianna's slow faltering breathe on his neck.

"You know... this is the moment when I am supposed to say something and you will laugh at that," he said huskily in her ear. His breath fanning on her neck sent a small shiver through her.

"Too bad, my husband does not have a good sense of humor." Arianna said challenging him, In her 6-inch heels they were standing of almost the same height.

Axel faced her, the tip of their nose brushing each other's.
"Is that so, Mrs. Knight." He said playfully. Mrs. Knight! that made Arianna quiet so he continued
"... about your hands." he leaned to her. Arianna pressed herself closer to him, trying to hide her face in the crook of his neck to hide her embarrassment.

"Please Axel. I am already embarrassed, You must be disgusted." She said quietly, holding his hand for dear life.

"Disgusted? Why would I feel disgusted knowing how wet you are because of me." He chuckled.

Arianna pulled herself a little out of his embrace to face him, her eyes became saucer-like wide. She could not believe he said that. And then she started laughing.