🎃♀️ A demons trickery (Demon Vanitas)

You woke up in a world of obsidian and hellfire, the screams of tortured souls lingered throughout.
"I'm glad your here my sweet..." A voice cooed. You looked up to see a man sitting on top of of one of the obsidian pillars.
"Where am I?" You asked them.
"Your home my dear sweet butterfly" the figure said before disappearing and reappearing behind you.
"No... This isn't... This can't be" you spoke through your heavy breaths.
"In time my butterfly, you'll understand" he continued
"But now I'm afraid that you'll have to wake up" he continued.

You woke up, relieved that it was all just a dream. It was just a awful nightmare.

You hopped out of your bed and walked to the bathroom. Something flickered in the mirror catching your attention but you couldn't find anything out of the ordinary, maybe you were still half asleep.

🎃🎃🎃

Through out the day you could feel something was watching you but no matter how many times you looked you saw nothing.
"Hey (Y/n) are you alright?" One of your peers asked you as you walked to you locker.
"I'm fine" you said as you tried to reassure them that you were.
"It's just you've looked on edge today, did something happen?" They said.
"No, nothing at all" you replied.
"Well alright then, see ya tomorrow" they said before walking away.

You looked out of one of the windows to see a black haired male who was giving you a devious look.
You quickly packed up your stuff and locked up before looking again. This time his reflection from the glossy locker paint was right beside your however when you turned he wasn't there, he was only in the reflection.

You tried to shrug it of but it began nibbling in your mind.
'God I must be going crazy' you thought.
"I wouldn't say that" an unfamiliar voice whispered in your ear.
"Who said that?!" You yelled causing everyone's eyes to be on you.
"(Y/n) what the hell are you talking about" one of your peers asked.
"N... nothing... I thought someone said something" you replied before trying to exit the school as soon as possible.

🎃🎃🎃

Everyday the male became more prominent however it seemed like you were the only one that noticed him.

"(Y/n) please get out of bed, you have school today" your mother called.
"No Mom... I'm really sick..." You moaned in your most ghastly voice.
"Euh you sound horrible, maybe I should let you stay home today" she said.
"Just try to get some sleep today, ok" she continued.
"Ok Mom" you replied before walking down stairs.

"Awww my little butterfly, your ruining the fun" he said with a playful yet disappointed tone.
"Why won't you stop playing with me like this" you hissed.
"Because your so fun to play with" he said as he appeared in your mirror, his golden eyes full of mischief.
"Fine then I'll just ignore you" you responded.
"You wouldn't dare" he hissed.
"I will" you replied.
"I wouldn't-" he was about to say.
"In three" you began to count.
"You won't last"
"Two"
"Your going to be playing a dangerous game you hear me!" he yelled.
"One" you said as you turned away and picked up a book and started to read it, paying no attention to what he did.

Minutes had passed and the man in the mirror was gritting his teeth in anger. Then he gave a smirk as he realised that you would crack at some stage.
"Rainy day, dream away... Let the sun take a holiday~" He hummed as the rain from outside battered harder against the roof.

You continued to ignore him. A flash of lightning flickered in the sky and then your bookcase fell.
You looked in shock and ran to it before lifting back up and placing your books back in.
"I can do much worse" he commented, you didn't respond but he could feel all of that anger building up.
Then the you threw a book at the mirror causing it to smash.

He began to laugh like a maniac, his face distorted through the broken shards of glass.
"It's going to take more then that to get a rise out of me" he cackled before your bed slammed into you, sandwiching you between that and the wall. You gasped in pain as you felt it slowly crushing you.
"Not so easy to ignore me now, is it sweetie?" He taunted you as you screamed in agony.
"(Y/n)!" Your mother screamed as she opened the door to find your painful predicament.
"What's going on?!" She panicked as she tried to pull your bed away. At first it wouldn't budget but in a moment's notice it seemed like it had become weightless, causing your mother to lose balance and slam her face on the hard headboard.
"Mom!" You screamed as you rushed to her side, adrenaline numbing the pain that you had endured.
"Are you alright Mom! Please respond!" you screamed as you shook her.
"What in the hell is going on..." She said as she covered her broken nose.
"It's a long and unbelievable story... which I can save for later..." you said as winced in pain as it returned.
"But I think we need to get to a hospital now... I may have broken a rib or two" you explained before looking back to the mirror.
"You bastard" you muttered before leaving.

🎃🎃🎃

A few days had passed since then and you had just been discharged from hospital. Luckily you had only bruised a few rib and despite the agonising pain you were sure to make a quick recovery.

"So what was that long and unbelievable explanation you were going to tell me?" Your mother asked as she was driving.
"Well... I had a strange dream awhile ago. I was trapped in a place I could only assume was hell and a mysterious man was talking to me. Calling me endearing names, telling that I was home and that in time I'd understand before telling me to wake up and I did..." you started.

You looked at her and despite the fact that she was watching the road you could tell that she was listening with no doubt.
"That surely isn't all is it?" She asked.
"Throughout that day I felt like I had been constantly watched and just when school had finished I saw a black haired male around my age, outside the window watching me... Next thing I knew I saw him in the reflection of one of the lockers but he wasn't physically there... For days he's been tormenting me-"
"This all could of been avoided if you hadn't ignored me" the familiar voice said causing you the freeze with fear. Your eyes darted to the rearview mirror and you saw him.
"He's... He's" you muttered as you began to feel him playing with the strands of your hair.
"He's what?" She asked with concern in her voice.
"He's here..." You muttered.
"He's in the backseat... But I can only see him in the-" you were cut off by him pulling your hair hard which caused you to scream and her to nearly lost control of the car.
"Please stop!" You screamed as he continued.
"Who are you talking to?" She asked.
"Him" you responded. You watched in the mirror in horror, it was the only way you knew what was going on.
"No until you come with me" he stated as he clawed at your neck. You screamed in pain once more and your mother pulled over and looked towards you to see the young black haired male clawing at your skin.
"Let... Let her go" she tried to say though laboured breaths.
"And what if I don't?" He smugly replied. She remained silent.
"That's what I thought" he said.
"Now I'd love to chat but I have to take my butterfly home..." He said as he pulled you closer.
"No!" She shouted as she tried to grab you but it was too late. You had already been taken to a place where no one could help you and place you could never escape.

🎃🎃🎃

1358 words

Requested by YunaEldra