(Male reader) Complicated (Nero) *Devil may cry*

There was never a calm after the storm, only less of a storm. Even if you had conquered a quest there was always more to go through. It had been four years since that 'quest' had ended. Everything had gone back to normal. You had all gone back to living somewhat normal lives.

You sat down on your coach, eating Doritos while playing street fighter. Your button mashing echoing thought you dimly lit apartment. You cursed under your breath as you saw your health bar drastically reduce. You took a deep breath before you started to retaliate. Before long you heard the satisfying sounds of victory.

You placed down your controller as you stood up and walked to your fridge and opened it. Grabbing out a bottle of Coke and sculling it down before tossing the bottle in the bin. Your phone began to ring and within the very second you had it in your hands. You checked the number, it was Nero so you instantly answered.

"Hey man! It's been too long!" You said
"Yeah two weeks is too long" he chuckled.
"So what's been up?" You asked. He let out a sigh.
"Nothing much..." How he said those word just seemed off.
"Wanna come over?" You asked him.
"Sure" he said, a slight hint of happiness returned to his voice.
"Great! I'll be waiting" you said as a smile appeared on your face.
"I'll be there shortly" he responded before hanging up.

You put you phone down and looked around.
"How am I going to clean up this..." You sighed. Clothes were all over the place, cans and bottles littering the coffee table, not to mention the the state you were in.

🔫🔫🔫

You sighed in relief, you had managed to tidy the place up and clean your self up. You slumped down into your coach but then you heard a knock on your door.
"Hold on" you yelled as you sluggishly got up and opened the door.

Nero stood there, he was so caught up in his thoughts that didn't even notice you.
"Hey, earth to Nero" you said as you waved your hand in his face.
"Cut it out" he chuckled as he grabbed your wrist.
"Anyway how've you been" he said as he walked in.
"Bored... Kinda been wasting my time with video games..." You chuckled as you scratched your neck.
"I can see that" he said as he pointed to your TV, street fighter was still on.

It seem that though out time he was at your apartment he had been holding back from something, you knew he wasn't the most social of people but it was very unlike him to not tell you something.

"Hey Nero" you said as you paused the game.
"What?" He asked before taking a sip of his drink.
"What's the matter?" You said as you shifted to face him.
"It's nothing..." He mumbled as looked back at the TV screen.
"I know something's wrong" you said as you paused the game.
"Come on, I'm your best friend... Tell me" you continued. He looked down at his hands, specifically Devil bringer.

"I broke up with Kylie" he sighed.
"Aw man... That's terrible, you two were so great together" you comforted him, resting a hand on his shoulder.
"Don't worry I'll always be here for you" you smiled. He gave a soft smile in return.
"I'm hungry, I'll see what I have" you said, trying to change the subject.

You stood up and looked through the kitchen. You sighed as you realised that noodles were the only thing you would be bothered to cook.

🔫🔫🔫

A week or so passed since then. Nero tried to push you away from him but you always figured out how to get out of brooding. You knew he was the sort of guy to keep his problems to himself but you knew that even someone like him needed some support.