42. Operation ends

Helloo my beautiful lovliess!!!

Here is another chapter for u amazing people....I hope you all enjoy!!

I also wanted to say that none of the images belong to me, I don't own any of them, all credit goes to the rightful owners.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and if you do please don't forget to vote and feel free to comment. It really does encourage me more.

Thank u so much to those who have given this story a chance and continue to read on, and thank u to those who have just begun. Much love ♥️♥️♥️♥️
___________

Scarlett's point of view

The room is silent as we await in this dreadful closed box. The walls around us basked in white beaming light. My heart beats wildly in my chest, my breathing hitching as the seconds go by. I don't know what awaits us down below, but I do know that my heart aches by the reminder of her cries. 

Her arms wrapped so tightly around me as we attempted to pry her off. Her whimpers echo throughout my mind, and I can't shut it out. The back up team arrived not too long ago, closing the perimeter surrounding us. They remain unseen by all those who walk casually outside, unaware of the horrors that lurk beneath them. 

The child, a beautiful broken girl, refused to release me. I pulled back lightly, trying to grasp her face, drenched in tears. 

"Hush now angel." I told her gently, my thumbs wiped away the never ending tear drops. Her eyes gazed up at me, filled with sadness and fear. "Its all going to be okay now.......I promise." Her lips shivered, and I had to restrain my own from following her actions. Such a cruel world envelopes us, and I dont have the strength to fight it all away. That fact alone, tears me apart. 

"I--I--I'm....S--scare-d-d..." Her small voice whispered back, and a lump formed in my throat, feeling sorrow lacing through every fiber of my being. 

"I know.....but we need to get you out of here." Her arms loosened slightly. I released her face, moving my hands to grab onto her own. "You see my friend over there?" I asked her, titling my head towards Christian. She turned her head, and noded slowly in his direction. He smiled so gently at her, a smile I have only seen reserved for Ana. 

"He is going to take you someplace safe." Her eyes widened, and immediate refusal formed on her angelic face, "Hey, he is a good guy...he is my friend. "

"You...p-promise..." My eyes watered at the display. I cleared my throat, smiling while nodding my head. 

"I promise." The words came out in a whisper, because the lump in my throat had grown, and even breathing had become difficult. 

I close my eyes, taking in a deep breath remembering her last glance before Christian had taken her away. The silence is torturing me once again, and I could practically feel the unease radiating off of everyone else. 

"Keep it steady now." Mason's deep voice flows through the ear piece. The soothing sound calming my hectic nerves just a bit. "The back up team are awaiting for further orders. Once I give them the go, they will head straight in." Mason informs us. His every word adds a sense of calmness to me. I dont know what it is, and I sure hell can't explain it, but I'll take it. 

I'll take anything to help settle the raging emotions of despair...... 

"So much has already happened." Issac says, his tone serious just as his eyes hold harsh intent. "Do you think whoever is down there knows of our presence?" 

"The cameras from all areas are hacked and replaced. Once the activators were placed, we have been able to easily access their security system with such close proximity of the activator, and the shit we are seeing on our end is fuckin sick."