40. Operation begins

Hello my beautiful lovliess!!!

Here is another, I hope you enjoy....

I also wanted to say that none of the images belong to me, I don't own any of them, all credit goes to the rightful owners.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and if you do please don't forget to vote and feel free to comment. It really does encourage me more.

Thank u so much to those who have given this story a chance and continue to read on, and thank u to those who have just begun. Much love ♥️♥️♥️♥️
___________

Masons point of view

"I did no such thing." Charles defends himself while straightening his suit jacket. Mr. Lox and his daughter stand by the doorway, witnessing the events before them. I don't give a shit how this makes Charles look, I don't want our team in danger because of his own forgetfulness or carelessness "We always send out our team on routine checks, it is nothing out of the ordinary." 

"We never send them out without basic info." I can't contain the irritated growl released in my tone as I stand from my seat. "Even if it just a fuckin check, they need all the information in order to assess the area according to standard fuckin procedure." I step closer to Charles, seeing his fist clenched tightly at his sides.

His lack of responsibility infuriates me, his lack of acknowledgment concerning the fact he can't handle the job anymore causes my blood to boil. This was one of the many reasons Charles needed to step down, the man was losing focus, too worried about impressing Mr. Lox than doing the job correctly. 

That was a dangerous fuckin thing.  

"Ana had it under control. we both had more important matters to address, didn't we?" Charles raises his brows as he asks me, as if I would understand his actions. 

"Trust me, if I would have known that our team needed to be sent out, I would have dropped everything to handle the case." I tell him truthfully. " That's the fuckin job." 

"I don't need you to tell me how to do my job Mason. Don't you forget that I was the one to teach you everything you know about the division." I knew those words were waiting to spill right out of his mouth. He never fails to remind me of it, but fuck if i care about that. He taught me what I needed to know, and now that I want to use it, he gets in the fuckin way. 

I have had enough of his bullshit. 

"I'm not forgetting anything, but you are Charles." I step closer to him, so now we are face to face. "You are losing your fuckin touch. The Charles I knew of the past would have had this dealt with precaution and precision." I remind him of the man I used to know, and he doesn't look pleased at all with my words. He sure as hell wont like what I have to say next. " You're lazy, and its bringing this division down." I can practically hear the tick in his jaw as he stares at me with hard eyes. My words sinking in deep, leaving a scar. The room around us is silent, as everyone stops setting up for the operation, awaiting for Charles's reaction. I don't think it was my words that rattled the old man, but because of the audience around us..........Mr. Lox to be specific. 

"Gentlemen please." Mr. Lox breaks the silence, his voice seeming even louder in the quite tense room. He appears by Charles's side, placing his think hand on Charles shoulder, slightly pulling him back." This whole situation is very unprofessional, and doesn't call out team work to me. does it to you honey?" He turns his head, asking his daughter who hasn't taken her eyes off me ever since she stepped foot into this room. Her lips tilt from the corners, she watches my every move like a fuckin hawk.