15. Guilt

HEYYY GUYS! Here's a new chapter for you, I know I was suppose to update earlier but lots of things happened and it was hard to keep track, So I'm sorryy!

I hope you enjoy this chapter, please dont forget to Share, Vote, And Comment.

Xoxo Much love ♡♡
----------------------------

Mason stood frozen while staring at the dark-haired beauty. He was caught by surprise, unable to understand why she was let out so early.

He was there to witness the damage that was caused by the explosion. There was no way she was completely healed, he thought. She needed more time to heal physically, if not also emotionally.

Her screams haunted him, and had kept him awake most nights. He could still see her eyes as they held so much anguish and sorrow. The anger exposed through his harsh glare wasn’t entirely directed towards Scarlett, but also Charles and doctor Lawrence.

He was pissed that they had given her the permission to leave the medical ward. He would definitely be dealing with them later.  

Anger wasn’t the only emotion holding him immobile. He had gone over this hundreds of times in the years before. The moment where he would finally meet her. He didn’t expect it to be like this, with him caught off guard.

His breathing harsh yet, steady as he took in the details of her face. Of course, he was there while she lay in her medical bed watching over her. There he was able to look his full as she slept, but now her eyes focused solely on him.

The beautiful silver color that has followed him for years stood glaring right back at him. And she was the most beautiful thing he has ever seen.  

Her skin smooth, and not a blemish in sight. Her nose elegant and straight stood atop full pouty lips. His eyes remained glued there wondering what she tasted like. He licked his own, recalling the times he had gazed upon her photos. Wondering how soft she would be under his hands, or the sounds she would make as he made her his.

Her inhale of breath snapped him out of his thoughts and he immediately moved his gaze upward. Her eyes had widened a fraction, and  he was fucked.  

Clearing his throat, he turned his face away. Inhaling the last bit left of his cigarette before throwing it roughly to the ground. There was no time for this he thought to himself. No time for distraction even if that distraction was what he had craved most. He would not follow through with the temptation, its nothing but an infatuation he continues to remind himself.

He would distance himself from her now that she was safe. Mason will never understand the hold that she has on him, but he will discard and forget it. With his mind set, Mason begins walking away.  

He had not taken but a couple of steps before something hits him in the back of his head. Turning, he looks down to see a pack of cigarettes. Lifting  his head, he gives Scarlett a questioning look. She stood there with her hands clutched tightly, and her breathing rapid.  

So fuckin beautiful Mason growls at his own thoughts.  

"That’s for ignoring me..you jerk" Scarlet takes a deep breath pushing her hair out of her face.

"I don’t know what the hell is your problem man, but you do not treat people the way you do."  

"And how's that?" His voice low and lethal answered back.

Scarlett stood for a second absorbing the alluring sound. She paused not understanding the affects this man had on her. Maybe it was the concern he displayed while she was in agony, or the way he looked at her as if he had known her for years. She was confused and that made her even angrier.  

"well...first you act like a knight in shining armor, then you look at me as if I killed your dog" way to go on that one Scarlett thoughts snicker

"...and now you act as if you don’t see me, so tell me what the hell is your problem?" 

Mason inhales deeply through his nose, then approaches her slowly. Her heart beat picks up, but she holds her ground.  

"my problem? You want to know what my problem is?" His voice could cut through steel. "...my problem is little girls like you who believe that they could do whatever the hell, they want. Not giving a fuck about anything else. You went into that power plant thinking what? That you were going to take down Silas, and end all this?" His voice got louder with every word and before he knew it they stood mere inches from each other.  

"...You ruined years of our progress, fuckin years. Do you know how many people we could have saved? How many lives that were depending on us?" Scarlett took the words as blows. She didn’t know. She was so fueled on her own anger and sorrow that she never bothered to think of anything else.  

Only willow.

"Silas knows now...He probably knows every fuckin thing that we have been planning. So that’s my fuckin problem." His last word ending with a growl. His breathing fast as he looked deeply into her eyes that had begun to water.  

"....I didn’t know" she whispered, and his gut twisted at the guilt laced words.

He had placed that there, and he felt like shit. He wanted to reach out to her, soothe the sadness that he placed in her eyes, but he couldn’t.

He wouldn’t...

"Don’t let it happen again" His voice held the authority and power of a leader.

He turned and headed back into the division five cooperation leaving his obsession behind to wallow in guilt.