"Micah..." The same voice hummed, holding out the 'a' in my name with a soft melody.

"Hey, Kennedy..." I mumbled as I forced my eyes open.

"Slept well?"

"Yes actually... it felt amazing..." I stretched my limbs and found myself in the nurse's private room where she had a soft bed and blankets. I looked over at my wrist and glanced at my watch. It was already 4 pm. "Damn..." I mumbled.

"The teachers let you sleep... they didn't even mark you as absent."

"Oh, so they pity me now?" I chuckled as I grabbed his hand. Kennedy pulled me to my feet and I leaned on him as I got my shoes off the floor and pulled them onto my feet.

"Actually... That muscular guy from the class after ours kinda pulled some strings for you..." Kennedy said and scratched the back of his head. I raised a brow and shrugged.

"Is that so..? Well... I'll have to thank him later I guess..."

"So do you guys, like, know each other?" Kennedy's voice was sheepish and a bit shy. He got like this every time he thought someone was trying to steal me away from him. It was understandable since I was pretty much his only friend. Kennedy was the defensive type of a loner. He was introverted, shy and lacked all basic social skills.

"Nope... he's that frat guy, right? The senior?" 

Kennedy nodded and lowered his head. I couldn't help but smile at him. A part of me just wanted to squeeze his innocent face. He was such a sweetheart.

"Hey, Micah..." He mumbled. I looked up at him and he glanced down at me. His face slowly turned red as I remained eye contact and he tensed up. "N... never mind..." he mumbled and awkwardly chuckled.

"Okay, big guy..." I shrugged and pulled my phone out of my pocket. A new episode of my favourite podcast had been released and I grinned. I had been waiting a week for that episode.

"Do you wanna go do something?" Kennedy sheepishly asked and I glanced up at him.

"Like what?" I asked, scrolling through a twitter news feed.

"Uh... I dunno like go eat..?"

"Now?" I said and raised a brow. "Isn't it a bit early?"

I could tell how nervous I had made him because he started fidgeting with the hem of his shirt and agreeing with me while shaking his suggestion off as a joke. I looked up at him to see him flushed red as a tomato with beads of sweat forming on his forehead. A bit of guilt crawled into me and I shivered.

"No..." I mumbled and bumped his arm. "I suppose I could have a small bite..."

"Oh good, cause I know this great place a short walk from here and they have amazing kimchi burgers. You'll love them!" He exclaimed and smiled brightly at me.

A small chuckle made its way out of my mouth and I quickly muffled it with my hand. "Sure..." I said and hooked my arm in his.

I breathed in the chilly air and let it embrace me and I waved to Kennedy as I walked down towards the bus station. It was around six o'clock and my stomach was full, meaning that Brian would probably scold me. Whatever.