Part 69 - The Cleansing

SS Chara was walking through Snowdin, before she stopped.

"... So, you need my help, correct? 20 minutes to secceed? On it... I'll head there now..."

She teleported to the room, and LT sighed, "SS Chara... please, help... you heard, right?"

"Yes. Now... Let's get this show over with..."

SS Chara sighed, "I don't have the pain lessening ingredients... so... Let's do this!"

SS Chara hesitated, before her hand glowed over my chest. I opened my eyes a bit, and my soul became visible.

Half red, half light pink.

"Soul of compassion..." SS Chara uttered, surprised. But, she looked at me apologetically. "I'm sorry, Milly... It's what I have to do..."

"Chara, what do you mean?!" I panicked.

Pain... unbelievable pain...

I cried out in agony. My soul was ripping apart. Or at least it sure felt that way. I could hear OG Chara screaming as well, clinging to my soul. SS Chara shut her eyes in concentration.

Memories were flashing before my retinas. The burning city, the cries... I had lost control once before...

But then, it was quiet... the pain stopped, and my soul was back to light pink, shimmering brightly.

I blacked out due to the pain, but... I didn't remember much of it...

I didn't remember much at all...

SS Chara's P.O.V:

Milly fainted after I cleansed her soul. I wasn't tired. I had done it many times to others. Her cries almost broke me though. She was like a sister to me.

She looked to be fine. From what I could tell, we did it without any of the risks happening! I high fived Raven and Dust, and LT was standing off to the side, his markings glowing.

He was reading something. Something none of us could see. On the wall. I didn't use any magic. I knew he would tell us what he'd found.

"...... No... Don't think too soon, SS Chara..." he muttered.

I tilted my head in confusion, "What?"

"The risks weren't all avoided, at least... not from what I can tell... We need to wait for Milly to wake up first."

I was then worried. What was he talking about? The risks were clear-!...

Oh no...

Unless he meant.........

Milly stirred, and I looked at her, but Raven beat me to the punch. When Milly opened her eyes, Raven was quick to ask.

"Milly, are you okay?"

"... What...?" She muttered, confusion etched in her tone.

"I'm asking if you're okay... you scared us there!"

"Who are you?"

Raven backed away. He looked hurt. I could see the tears forming as he teleported off. LT was right...

The risks weren't all avoided...

This... was what I feared the most, especially for Ravens sake...

I knew the two had just gotten together... yet this happened... and now, Raven is broken for at least a while...

I feared for this...

Milly has forgotten us.....