I gestured him to put the phone on speaker. His eyes grew wide, and he immediately shook his head, mouthing 'he will kill me!'. I glared at him with as much ferocity as I can gather and he gulped before cursing lightly.

"Hey, bro. Hold on for a sec," he quickly spoke and put the call on speaker.

"Where is she heading off to?" His gruff voice asked and I cursed myself for letting my heart flutter the way it did at his voice. I was supposed to be mad at him!

"Um..." Blake asked, looking at me. I shrugged, not really having a destination in mind. "We are just driving around..."

There was a slight pause. And then he said something that wracked my entire system.

*********

I was silent the entire drive and Blake, the poor guy caught in the middle, tried his best to cheer me up but didn't have any success.

"Where can I drop you?" I asked, almost monotonously.

"Uh, my house, I guess," he said, lightly scratching the back of his head and directing me.

"So when are you actually planning on telling Rebecca about the gang?" I asked, finally breaking the silence.

"I don't know," he said truthfully. "If I could, I would hide it from her forever. The less she knows, the better." I opened my mouth to argue but he held up a hand, telling me that he was not yet done. "But I know how that turned out for quite a lot of people. Not knowing only kept them in a false sense of safety."

I nodded.

"You really like her, don't you?" I asked, smiling at him.

"Of course I do," he said affectionately.

"One thing, Blake. You're quite a good friend of mine, but be warned, if you ever hurt Rebecca, I will hunt you down and feed you to the wolves," I threatened.

He laughed. "I would never want to."

We stayed silent after that, apart from Blake showing me the way to his house. He sent me a small smile and a wave as he climbed out of the car and walked towards the house.

I drove back home, struggling to stop my thoughts from consuming me.

When I reached home, I was immediately engulfed in a pair of strong arms. There could only be one person...but I thought...

The strong scent of the Hugo Boss perfume that my father always wore enveloped me and I smiled, debating whether to act like a spoilt brat or let him know how much I appreciated this. In the end, I wrapped my arms around his waist for only at extremely dire occasions did Dad show huge amounts of affection like this.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I shouldn't have snapped at you," he said as he released me and walked over to the couches, gesturing me to take a seat.

"It's okay, Papa," I smiled. "I was out of line too."

He dragged in a breath. "Now since you know, there's a lot of training in store for you." He paused. "If you feel up to taking up the position of being my heir."

He was giving me a choice. I couldn't express how happy that made me.

"Of course I do, Dad," I nodded eagerly.

"Alright, then. Your training will start from today, in about an hour. It'll be tough and pretty strict. But make sure you don't slack. At all."