Chapter 54: Publicity

Reina and Felix looked at each other, then at their boss. More so in shock than anything else. Just what was the man thinking?

"A-aren't I still under dating restrictions?"

"Yes. And you're still in a relationship anyways. It was either that, or kicking you out of the group, but unlike other companies, i care about my groups, and i want what's best for them you know."

Reina started laughing.

"The shade. Which also sends for you butㅡokay I'll shut up now."

Jinyoung laughed a bit, before sighing and sitting down in his chair of power.

"Like i said, this discussion is entirely up to you. I just had the idea of letting you guys go public because I watched the video again a few nights ago, and I honestly thought about what Reina said. I think of her as my favorite niece, and like most caring uncles would, I want the best for her. I wanna spoil her with whatever her heart desires, and to hear how she said she was tired of keeping a secret, and tired of trying to please everyone, made me realize that i, too, am tired. I'm tired of not being able to squeal about you guys in public. I'm tired of the fact that I have to get content from the guys, when I could be getting it from the internet. I may not be captain of the ship, but I honestly need content omg I'm starving here."

Reina laughed, flipping a bit of her hair to the side, and then grabs Felix's hand, rubbing the back with her thumb. Felix was too caught up in the feeling that he got kicked out of it when he heard his boss practically scream in excitement.

"Wait, Felix, pay attention to it again. Let me get my camera! Oh my gosh, my shiiiiippppppppp!!!!"

Felix looked at his boss, somewhat in shock, somewhat in confusion, and then went back to averting his attention to the love of his life. He knew that his boss was filming, somewhere along the lines, he could've felt the camera, but the way Reina turned to him, and the smile that gracefully danced on her face, brightened the room. And lightened the weight in his heart.

The feeling of the camera slowly slipped away, and the only thing he was focused on, was her. The way her lips outstretched into a smile, the holes fighting their way out of her cheeks, the huge craters adding onto the sight, accentuating its genuinely. The way her eye lids closed almost completely, the glint from the bottom of her iris shown, and the lids formed into somewhat of an identical moon.

The glimmer was like a light, as it shifted and turned, yet never wavered, never darkened, shining beyond bright. Her nose, slightly scrunched, the lines upon it creased, almost jumbled together, yet still apart. The parallel lines, never touching, but shimmering so sweetly.

And suddenly, the signature smile from him as well, came into view. The cameras stopped rolling, the hands in which it was held, slowly went down, and the wave of emotions suddenly submerged him whole. His eyes, coated with tears of joy, and his smile, stretched to the ends of his face as pure excitement was the expression of the day.

This right there, was genuine. It was marvelous, and suddenly, he wanted to keep it all to himself. But, he remembered what he said, it was their decision, and their decision alone. Jinyoung clapped his hands, both of them coming out or their love induced gaze and staring at their boss, seemingly ready for what he wanted to say, and ready for what they were thinking to.

"I don't mind."

Reina spoke first, fingers intertwined with Felix's, as they stared into his eyes.

"I know, not everyone is going to take the news well, no matter what time we let the news go out, but then again not everyone we come across, we can get on our good side. I can literally just sit on a bench in the park, in a hoodie and leggings, and a complete stranger can look at me like I'm dangerous. I can be the nicest person on the planet, but someone can always look at me like I've done every cruel thing in the world to them. But if we stick through this together, I'm sure I can handle whatever they throw at me."

Everything Felix wanted to say, was worded so perfectly by Reina, that all he could've said, was "I agree. No matter what, we shouldn't let false words and sayings tear us apart you know."

"Then, it's simple. You two, will go public about your relationship on Stray Kids VLive by 7:45pm. You guys can talk about whatever you want to, have whoever you want to there, and let them know, however you want to. Good luck guys. I pray for nothing but success for you and your future."

They both stood up and bowed, thanking their boss for the opportunity, and leaving the office. Both members texted their respected groups, asking them to come and meet them in Stray Kids practice room in 5 minutes.

Before five minutes were even up, all of the members were inside the room, sitting down in a circle, anxious about why their members demanded them so quickly, but no one uttered a word. Just stared at their members, waiting for them to speak.

"Felix and I are going public."

"YOU'RE WHAT?!"

"YOU'RE WHAT?!"

"Yeah. Boss asked us if we wanted to go public, and we decided that we would. He said we had to do it on VLive, and we could do however we want, with whoever we want, and talk about whatever we want, but we have to let them know."

"But what about the fans? What if they don't support your relationship?"

"Someone once told me, that 'right now, it's about making me happy, and if Felix does, then I have all right to be together with him. And my fans should want us to be happy too. Even if it's with them, or being together with someone, they should be supportive and content with what I do and what I decide. If they can't accept it, then are they really my fans?' I kept that to heart. Our fans shouldn't care about who we date or who we like, if they love us enough, then they'd want us to be happy, whatever it may be to make us happy. If they don't want us together with someone, then they don't want us to be happy."

And so, they planned everything out. Called a few friends, and spread the word, that Reina and Felix, were going public about being together, tonight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have a few more chapters left guyssssssss!

I'm not kidding about that, we got like 3-5 more chapters left until this book is all over.

I can't believe this book is now ending. I wanna cry.

But, update on my life: I have a Jeongin book, that's completed. The sequel will be out on Friday August 30th at 6pm EST. I love that book so much, because unlike this one, it was really simple, and filled to the brim with memes. I didn't have to be completely serious about it, and I let myself loose, and wrote it. And its actually kinda good, if i do say so myself. Please give it some love.

Update 2: Aside from working, all summer, I've been busy with transfering to a different school, so those altogether took up most of my updating time, I'm sorry. But if all goes will, and my classes aren't as brain draining as my old school's were, I can update as frequently as I want to. So, I'm truly sorry for leaving you guys hanging for so long.

Have a blessed morning/ afternoon/ evening/ night! Reina loves you all!

Lots of Love,
~Reina (레이나)

28.08.2019
||Word Count: 1,130 words||