Chapter 1

Alexandra pov

It was a windy day here in L.A. I was in my bedroom sitting by the window, watching all the kids play outside in the leaves with each other.

My name is Alexandra. I was put in the orphanage when I was 3. I am turning 6 soon and you know what that means? It will be my 3rd year anniversary here in the orphanage. If you're thinking what I'm thinking, then you got a clever brain. For those who got no clue, my parents died on my birthday, and I was put in the orphanage as soon as the police found me.

I blame myself that my parents aren't here with me. I hate my birthday. I wish it wasn't my birthday that day, so that way my parents didn't have to leave.

Ms.Rosy, who in charge of the orphanage, came up to my room.

"Alexandra, dinner ready. Come on honey." I followed her downstairs. I sat in the corner because everyone here thinks I'm a freak.

Did I not mention that I haven't talked since my 3rd year birthday? That way, and it's not just that. I am also hard of hearing. So I wear something in my ears to help me hear better. Yes, that right, I wear hearing aids. Only Ms.Rosy knows. The kids here don't because I cover them with my hair.

I quickly ate my dinner, as soon as I finished Ms.Rosy had an announcement. "OKAY kids, tomorrow we will be having visitors, and they want to adopt children between 5 through 10. So I accept you, kids, to be ready by 9:40 because they will be here at 10.

All the kids got excited and happy. I wasn't one of those kids. It's like why to get your hopes up and then later they will get a crush and get thrown down the drain. So instead of coming downstairs, I will stay upstairs like I do whenever we have visitors.

As I was heading upstairs, Ms.Rosy called me. So I head back downstairs. "Listen, I know you hate when people come over, but I accept you to be ready too. Maybe this time the visitors will adopt you, but we'll never know if you don't come downstairs tomorrow. So be ready okay?" I just nodded and head back upstairs.

I opened my door and went inside. I got under the bed and got out a diary that my parents gave me. I was about to unlock my diary until a girl named Taylor who's  15 came into my room and slam my door. I was scared, but I also wanted to go up to her and ask her what's wrong. But I stayed still.

After 5 minutes she looked up. "What are you doing in my room?", she asked. Then she looked around, "Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize I ran into your room. Sorry." She got up and left.

I decided to put my diary away and take a shower. I grabbed my PJs and went into the bathroom. I washed my body and my hair. I finished and dry myself. I put on my clothes and brush my long hair. It's black and sometimes it's straight and sometimes it's wavy if you're wondering. I got out of the bathroom and head to bed.