Chapter 22

Lauren's pov

I walked in and everybody eyes went on me except Alex. I walked up to the hospital bed and sat on the chair that was next to Alex. Everyone left, to give us both privacy.

I look and saw Alex. She seem in deep thought.

"Hey baby girl." I said to her as I got her hand. She slowly removed her hand from me.

"How are you feeling.", I ask her. She stay quiet. She didn't move at all. She just stare to her left wall, not even bothering looking at me.

"I'm sorry Alex. I'm sorry about the other day. I didn't mean to yell at you. I didn't mean to tell you that you and Taylor were stupid. All I wanted to tell you that I was being ridiculous and hoping you will forgive me. Please Alex? I'm sorry."

Again. Nothing. She stayed quiet. She didn't once look at me. She didn't say anything. She just shrugged her shoulders.

As I was about to say something, Dr.Maya came in.

"Hello Lauren."

"Hi"

"Hey Alex. How are you feeling."

Again Alex shrug her shoulders without saying anything.

"Well, I have to give you some food. But in order for me to do that, can you sit up?", Dr.Maya ask

Alex slowly sat up. She sign something.

"Well Alex, its hurt but I will be giving you painkillers. The reason why your in the hospital because you pass out. You pass out, because you didn't have enough water and food in your body. Now you use to take 2 kinds of pills everyday-"

Alex interrupt by signing something.

"I'm afraid so kiddo. You used to take 2 pills everyday. Now you have to take 2 more. So you will be taking 4. Remember what I told Teddy the other time when you were both in the hospital?", Dr.Maya asked.

Alex nodded and try to hold back her tears.

"You have the same thing Teddy does. If you don't eat more or drink more water, I'm afraid you will get more ill", Dr.Maya said. Honestly I wish its was I who told Alex about her health.

"Yes Alex, Teddy alright. He strong, and he healthy. I think he would like you to be healthy, don't you?"

Alex nodded again.

"Alright. Will it be okay if I bring your food now?" Alex nodded again and Dr.Maya left.

She came back in. She hand Alex a tray. There was chicken soup, crackers, and orange juice. Alex than sign thank you and said something else.

"Well you been making progress, and if the test come back, and its all good, you may go home today or tomorrow morning." Than Dr.Maya left.

Alex started eating her food. She took one spoon in her mouth, and to my surprise she liked it.

"Is it good?", I asked her. She just shrugged her shoulders again

"Baby, what's bothering you? Can't you tell me?" But again she stay quiet.

She continue to eat her food. As she was done with her soup, the girls came in.

"Hey Alex!! I miss you so much dawg!!", Dinah said.

Everyone gave Alex a hug, but she didn't hug back. She just sat there, waiting. As everyone was done, they all look at me.

"I know. She wasn't said a word to me. And she doesn't even let me touch her. I honestly don't know what's up.", I explain to them. Suddenly we heard a crash. I turn to Alex.

Her empty plate, was now broken and on the floor. She had her orange juice in her hand. She was staring at the plate.

Than she look up, and look to her left. She was staring at the wall, smiling. Than she put her orange juice on the nightstand next to her and lay back down.
She eventually went to sleep.

........

Next Day

I woke up, getting ready to go back to the hospital, to pick up Alex.

I got in my car and head to the hospital.

Once I arrive, I just went into the elevator. I walked into Alex's room, and there she sat, by the window looking out. She was already dressed and her bag was on the floor next to her.

"Hey ready to go?", I asked her. She looked up, got her bag and walked up to me.

I let her walk out the door and into the elevator.

We got in the car, and not once did she say anything. I tried to make a conversation, but all she did was shrugged her shoulders. I honestly don't know what else to do.

Alex's pov

After I woke up from the hospital, I realize that not everything is life and fair and you can't always get what you want. My parents. I want them, I need them. But they made me come back. They didn't say the real reason why, but all because I'm too young and that I should be living my life.

I'm finally back home. I enter the house, and everyone scream surprise. There was a lot of people here. There were all the girls family members, Selena Gomez, Demi, Bea, Madison, and a lot of other people I don't know.

I was confused. You always make a surprise party after someone suffers from the hospital?

That when someone said something, I completely forgot about.

"Happy Birthday!"

I was frozen. It can't be the birthday already.

I looked up, and everyone was gushing how cute I was or whatever.

I ran up the stairs into my room. I don't want it to be my birthday. I hate this day. I just hate it.

Someone came into my room. I didn't look up. I was sitting on the floor, with my head in my knees.

Someone tap my shoulder. I look up and it was Chris and Taylor.

"Hey, Alex. What's wrong?"

I stayed quiet.

"Listen here kiddo" Chris said as he sat down next to me. "The girls told us about you not liking your birthday and Christmas. They said it remind you of the past. But don't you think your parents would want you to keep celebrating this special day? Its okay to feel upset, because your parents aren't with you, but you can't live for you rest if your life avoiding it."

"And beside, I think all your parents wanted was to keep you safe. And Cbris is right. You can't avoid it forever. Your parents would've like it if you spend your birthday, smiling." Taylor said.

They're both right.

I hug Chris and Taylor, and than started crying. Chris hug me closer.

"Keep you tiara up. You don't want it to fall now do you?", Cbris ask. Than he actually put a tiara on tip of my bed.

"There the smile I been looking for. Now do you want to go downstairs?", Chris ask. I nodded no. He understood. He went back downstairs, but Taylor stayed with me.

"Are you mad at Lauren?", Taylor asked me as Chris left

I just shrugged my shoulders.

"What's wrong? I haven't heard you talk. I miss your angel voice.", Taylor said.

"I just don't want to talk, okay?" I said to her.

"Is there something that bothering you? Because everyone here would like to help you out.", Taylor said.

"There always things that bothers me. But what the point of me talking about my problems. Oh wait I already have lots of problems. No ones understand all the pressure I have. No one can possibly understands why a six years old have these problems. I'm never going to be a regular six year old. They're right. I'm just a freak with too many problems!!" I just stared at Taylor. She seem shocked but happy. Why is she even smiling

"I'm glad your expressing your feelings.", Taylor said.

"And I'm glad I heard it." I turned around and there stood Lauren, Demi and Selena.