Chaper 1

Mia POV:

I'm at the doctors to get a refill of my birth control.  It's taking longer then usual.  Then Dr. Jameson walks in "how are you doing Mia?"  I smile at him, "wonderful actually, I'm graduating this year with honors."  His smile is bright.  "That's amazing.  So, I won't be able to refill your birth control."  I looked at him puzzled.  "Why not? Is something wrong."  I started getting worried. 

"No, no.  It's exciting news actually.  Your pregnant."  My mouth dropped.  Did I hear him correctly. "B...but I'm on birth control." He laughed.  "You know it's not 100%.  It happens."  I just stared at him still in shock.  "Mia, I'd like to do an ultra sound just to see how far along you are and then we can discuss options.  Okay?"  I just nodded still in shock. 

I was laying on the bed and looking at the screen.  Then the room filled with a strong fast heartbeat.  I couldn't help but smile.  "There's your baby."  I looked at the little bean on the screen. "Is the baby okay?  Why is the heartbeat so fast?"  He smiled.  "The heartbeat is perfect and strong.  Everything looks great.  You're about 7 weeks pregnant."  Once he was done I cleaned the gel off my stomach and then Dr. Jameson sat down. 

"So, you have options."  I just nodded.  "You can keep the baby but if you don't want to there is always adoption or we can terminate the pregnancy."  I was shocked again, "I don't want to terminate!" I said strongly.  "Okay."  He was waiting for me now to say something else.  "I want to keep my child.  I'm graduating anyway and have an offer at a great company once I'm done with school."  He smiled again.  "That's wonderful. Okay.  I'm going to prescribe some prenatal vitamins and I want to see you back in 4 weeks."  I nodded.  Then he handed me the ultra sound picture. 

I was still in a daze when I left the doctors office.  I need to tell Nathan.  The more I thought about the growing child in my belly the happier I got.  I know this wasn't planned, but it could be worse.  At least I have a job lined up and Nathan will be working at his fathers company and eventually become the CEO.  We can do this.  I hopped into my car and drove to Nathan's penthouse.  I decided to just surprise him,  the doorman greeted me with a smile and I headed for the elevator. 

I was starting to get nervous, but I'm sure Nathan will be excited.  We both always said we wanted to start a family, we just planned it later down the line when we were both more established in our careers.  I decided to just let myself in with the key Nathan got me.  I unlocked the door and walked in.  "Nathan!"

"In here babe!"  I heard him call out from his office.  I walked in and saw him studying.  I went over  and gave him a quick kiss and he wrapped his arms around me pulling me into his lap.  "Nathan!"  He just laughed and started kissing my neck.  "I missed you babe. How was the doctors appointment?"  It was now or never.  "That's why I came over."  He started to look concerned.  "Are you okay?  What happened."  I started getting nervous, but I needed to just tell him quickly,  like ripping a bandaid off.

"Nathan, I'm pregnant."  I stared at him waiting for him to say something but he just stared back at me with no expression.  "Nathan? Say something.  Please?"  He ran his hand threw his hair.  "How did this happen?"  He said coldly.  "I'm pretty sure you know how babies are made."  He glared at me.  "This is no time for your sarcasm Mia.  I thought you were on the pill!" He roared. 

"I...I....I was, but it's not 100%."  He stood up and started pacing.  "You need to get rid of it!  This is not part of my plan right now!"  I was taken back.  "It's not an It!  It's our child and I will not have an abortion!"  He stared at me shocked.  "You did this on purpose didn't you!  Just so you can trap me!"  I felt my eyes well up with tears. I can't believe he just said that to me.  "Screw you Nathan!"  He looked so cold.  "That's what got us into this mess so I'll pass."  I wanted to punch him.  I stood up and grabbed my bag.  "Why don't you call me when you stop being such an asshole!"