Chapter 2- The Outburst

Everyone else was either talking with each other or dancing underneath the disco lights. Sonic was minding his own business by talking with Tails in the living room.

"Hey, Sonic." Tails whispered in Sonic's ear. "Look at Amy."

"What about her?" Sonic whispered back.

"Don't you notice her?" Tails said.

"Notice what?" Sonic was dumbfounded and still didn't get what he was trying to tell him. "What about her?"

"She keeps on looking over at you." Tails said in a low tone, seeing Amy look over at Sonic when he wasn't looking at her.

"She does? But why?" Sonic scratched his head, making eye contact with his fox friend.

"Isn't it obvious?" Tails said. "She 'liiikes' you."

"Wait, what?" Sonic's eyes turned into small black orbs, showing he was shocked. "What do I do?"

"What do you mean, what do you do?" Tails took Sonic to the corner of the room and whispered to him. "You should go talk to her. Hang out with her."

"Me? Go do that?" Sonic pointed to himself. "I dunno. I--"

"Yes." Tails had a serious look in his eyes. "Now, go." He said. Him and Sonic went back to the center of the room.

"Uh.." Sonic stood awkwardly next to Tails. He then spotted Amy, who he noticed was staring at him at the same exact time he was looking at her.

He then went over to Amy. "Hi, Amy. Are you enjoying the party?"

"Yes, I am very much, Sonic." Said Amy.

"Can I talk with you upstairs? It's more quiet  up there, than talking down here."

"Sure." She followed Sonic upstairs. They both talked further down in the hallway.

"Is there anything you want to talk about?" Amy looked down, shyly. "Since it's just the two of us here, in this peace and quiet."

"Yeah, there is." Sonic walked up more closer to her. "Amy, I..."

Amy's heart was beating, as she thought to herself. 'Is he going to say what I think he is going to say to me?'

"Amy, I like you. I really do."

"S-Sonic." Amy blushed. "You don't know how long I've been wanting to hear those words." Her eyes lit up in happiness. "I like you too!" She hugged Sonic.

Sonic chuckled a bit, which made Amy's eyes widened as she stopped hugging him. "Why are you laughing? What's so funny?" She backed away from him.

"Can't you take a joke?" Sonic said. "I was just messing with you, Ames." He playfully scratched her pink quills.

"Besides, I don't like you. You know that." He said. "We're just friends, that's all. There's nothing more than that--no strings attached--no feelings whatsoever."

Amy teared up. "We're just friends!?  You don't like me!" She said. "This is all a joke to you!? You think my feelings are a joke? You would rather just toy with me again--toy with my emotions!"

She broke into tears. "You're such a jerk, SONIC!" She ran downstairs, as her tears streamed more.

Tails and the others heard what happened  upstairs and saw Amy in tears. It got all quiet, all you could hear was the sound of Amy's voice breaking, as she was heart broken.

"I don't even know why I put up with you for all these years!" Amy shouted through tears. "I don't want to see you ever again, SONIC! I'm LEAVING!" She opened the door and slammed it behind her, as she left.

Sonic was speechless about what had just happened with Amy's outburst. He walked downstairs and all eyes followed him. They all knew what had happened.

"What? What are you looking at me for?" Sonic sensed that they were staring at him.

Sonic's friends had disgusted or angry looks on their faces.

"How dare you do that to Amy!" Blaze had  a fierce rage, with making flames appear out of her hands.

"Yeah, you broke her heart." Cream frowned.

"Chao-chao!" Cheese shouted.

"I don't get why you had to do that and be so rude to her. I know she was all over you, blue." Rouge said to Sonic. "There was no harm in her liking you."

"Rouge is right." Knuckles said. "It's not polite to treat a lady like that. That's disrespectful."

"Sonic! All I did was tell you to go talk to Amy. And to hang out with her!" Tails said. "Because I could tell that she liked you and I felt like you would get along with her." He yelled. "But no! You HURT HER!"

"Hey, hey," Sonic said. "It was a joke." He said. "Just a joke. There's nothing wrong with that."

"There is, when you decide to toy with a girls emotions!" Shadow smacked the back of Sonic's head.

"OW!" Sonic said. "Shadow!?" He rubbed his head.

Shadow rolled his eyes at him. "I'm not on your side. Everyone else is right. What you did, was wrong, faker. And you have to fix it."

"Fix it?" Sonic said. "But, I--"

"Sonic. Shadow's right." Silver said. "What you did was wrong to hurt Amy like that." He said. "But you still have the power in you to change that, to change your tomorrow. To change your future. So, that you can fix your mistake by apologizing to Amy."