Human No More: Gaara Tags Out

Hoshino awoke without warning, eyes flung so wide each iris was a perfect orb of ice blue. After a second or two his head turned towards Haku, who had been trying to get him to wake up. His mouth slackened, "I know what happened." He blurted out.

Though his eyes were open, he couldn't think of why; his heart was pounding, mind empty. It was as if a hypodermic of adrenaline has been emptied into his carotid. He strained into the utter darkness, breathing rate beginning to steady.

"What do you mean?" Haku asked him, his brown eyes racking over Hoshino's form as he helped him to his feet. "You know what happened? What are you talking about?"

"The genjutsu." Hoshino panted, his heart still racing as he leaned on Haku for support. "It was timed... timed perfectly! But the jutsu was designed to work on such large amounts of people, so it's easier to fight through than others may be. Which means that this jutsu was released specifically for putting all the spectators to sleep. But one thing I don't understand is the motive..." Hoshino was mostly talking to himself now. "Hey..." he turned to face Haku. "Where's Sasuke and Naruto? And where's Sakura?"

Haku bit his lip and didn't answer at first.

"Haku... where did Sasuke and Naruto go?" Hoshino asked, something uneasy and uncomfortable twisted inside of his stomach, rising all the way up to his heart. Haku sighed.

"They went after Gaara." The bomb was dropped.

"WHAT?!" Hoshino exclaimed in horror and shock. Bile rose into his throat.

Haku looked troubled. "I tried to stop them, but... those two. Once you light fires under them, that's it. And Sakura goes where ever Sasuke goes, so she's gone too."

"Well, we have to help them! Let's go!" Hoshino clipped his baton to his belt as he spoke.

"What?! Are you crazy? There's no way you can go out there with Gaara after you! Besides, you must be exhausted from your fight!" Haku argued, his voice laced with concern.

"I'm fine." Hoshino said firmly, determination gleaming in his eyes. "The genjutsu gave me the chance to rest. My chakra is a little weak, but I can still fight. I can't just sit here knowing that my teammates are out there fighting the one that's been tormenting me! I'm going." He looked at Haku. "Are you going to come with me?"

"We've been over this, Hoshino." Haku answered simply. "Where you go, I go. You fight, I defend you. I'm with you until the very end." He linked fingers with Hoshino and gave him a smirk. "Let's do it."

Hoshino gave his best friend a smile and nodded. They prepared to leave, but before they could even move, the ground began to shake and then a loud roar erupted, piercing the air.

The two exchanged panicked looks and immediately took off for the roof of the stadium. Hoshino's heart pounded in his chest as they climbed the stairs as fast as they could. What's going on?! His eyes squeezed shut as he and Haku rushed for the roof. Naruto... Sasuke... Sakura...

Please be alright!

He... was... FREE!

After years of being sealed away inside that... disgusting human, Shukaku was finally free from imprisonment. What came now? What should he do now?

Perhaps...

Yes. That would do nicely.

Hoshino.

Ever since Shukau locked eyes upon the blue haired teenager, strange feelings had stirred within his chest. Of course, he still hated humans. Especially the one he is sealed within.

But can you really blame him?

Ever since the humans betrayed them; betrayed his brothers and sisters, he developed a deep hatred for them. Humans had started to see them as monsters, freaks; as threats. Hagoromo had wanted them to protect mankind. But then they started to seal them within humans.