Hoshino Vs Gaara

Gaara couldn't figure out whether or not this was a good thing. One hand, he got to be close to Hoshino, but he couldn't do much, not with so many people watching.

He could sense that irritating Sannin watching him too, along with Kakashi and that stupid Uchiha brat. He could feel the glares they all have him, especially the one from Hoshino's fellow ice user. He didn't care about them, though. He only cared about one other person.

The one he was about to fight.

Behind his mask, Kakashi's teeth grit and his jaw tightened. A growl rose up to his throat as he saw the redhead look at Hoshino.

That boy is not touching him again. He thought angrily as he watched Gaara's eyes shine with excitement. Kakashi felt his fists clench and grip the railing in a vice like grip.

He is never going to hurt my little brother again. I promised Iro that I would protect him, and I have every intention of keeping that promise.

I... I can't believe it. This is just my luck... Hoshino grimaced. Kami must hate me for allowing this to happen.

Hoshino could feel Gaara's piercing stare burn into his head. It was unnerving and uncomfortable. His heart was beating loudly against his chest as he walked down towards the platform.

He could also feel Sasuke staring at him with growing worry and concern. But then he remembered the parting words Akane said to him.

"Remember, you are a Mizu. Take a step back and breathe for a moment. Do as I taught you. I believe in you... just like how I believed in Iro."

The words kept repeating in his head, and soon enough, he was standing in front of Gaara. The way the redhead was staring at him only made him more uncomfortable, but he refused to back down.

Hoshino looked straight into Gaara's eyes and... smirked.

Gaara's brain stuttered for a moment and his eyes took in more light than he expected, every part of him went on pause while his thoughts caught up.

"I won't back down. I'm going to go out swimming in the ocean and flying in the sky with everything I've got. I'm going to fight until my bones won't work anymore, until my whole body aches, until I feel like I'm about to break! I'm done running!" He declared, the determination shone in his ice blue eyes clearly. He wasn't going to run. "You can put a hole through my chest, I won't back down! I don't care how much it hurts."

The determination was so strong that everyone could precisely feel it

"I don't care what you do, and I don't care if I win or lose. My ninja way is standing up after you've fallen, and I intend to do just that. You can beat me, hurt me, take my life away, but you'll NEVER break me!"

Gaara stares at Hoshino, his teal eyes that were normally so cold held shock and amazement. Beat him? Kill him? He would never even dream of doing either of those things. The determination burned into him. There was no doubt in his mind that Hoshino was a Mizu.

Shukaku remembers that clan. The last Hokage had sent them to help fight him off when he attacked Sunagakure. The warriors of lightning. They were very formidable opponents. And now... he would see if his love has inherited their skills in battle.

Despite his confidence, he was worried about how Gaara would respond to the match up. He couldn't let his guard down, no matter how much Hoshino's beauty distracted him. He would admit, he didn't know what the outcome of this fight would be.

Hoshino raised his hand and swept his leg back, getting into the perfect stance for his taijutsu. "Come on... Gaara." He gave him a smirk. "Let's settle the score, shall we?"