Rock Lee vs Mizu Hoshino

The sound of fighting reached Hoshino's ears as soon as they got to the top of the staircase.

"Gah!" A boy gasped, falling back onto the hard wooden floors with a loud thud.

"You're taking the Chunin Exams, but you can't even get past us?" A boy with spiky hair and swords across his back taunted.

"Why don't you just give up now before you get hurt?" His companion asked, putting his hands on his hips.

"Yeah, I think I hear your mommy calling you." The first boy chuckled.

"Please let us through, we're supposed to go in there!" A girl with two small buns on her head called out, worry etched on her face. She ran over to them, but the first boy slapped her down, causing her to fall beside her friend.

"Man, that's harsh!" Someone called out from the crowd.

"Did you say harsh? Don't kid yourself. We're being nice by comparison; the Chunin Exams'll make this look like a picnic." The boy responded, his voice ringing out through the room.

"Some of you won't survive the exams, others'll be wrecked for life and some of you may go crazy. For Chunin, it's always life and death." The other one told the crowd.

"You think it's a joke? Chunin are qualified to lead missions. The lives of your life are in your hands, so you'd better be tough enough to take the heat. Delicate little girls don't belong here." He looked at the girl on the floor.

"We're just thinning out the herd; you won't pass anyway, so why don't you go home and with your dolls!"

"Nice speech. Now, both of you step aside and let us through." Sasuke stepped forward. "And while you're at it, reverse the genjutsu."

"We can see through your illusion anyway. We're going to the third floor." Haku chimed in, standing beside him.

Murmurs of the crowd behind them reached Hoshino's ears.

"What do they mean?"

"Yeah, this is the third floor."

"Well, well." One of the boys leaned closer to Hoshino, studying him closely.

"So you noticed the genjutsu, huh?" The other asked, rubbing his chin.

"Go ahead, Sakura. I'm sure you saw it before anyone else did." Hoshino smiled, looking back at her.

"Huh?" She looked over at him.

"You have the sharpest eyes and some of the best analytical skills on the squad, you must have seen this coming a mile away!" Hoshino said, giving her a soft smile.

Sakura blinked. "Well, sure! Of course I spotted it right away! This is only the second floor." She declared, putting her hands on her hips.

"Right!" Naruto nodded, a goofy grin painted on his face.

"Ha, well, aren't you the smart ones? So you noticed an illusion. Let's see you dodge this!" The boy shouted, throwing a kick towards Sasuke, who instantly sent one of his own right back. Suddenly, the boy who had been kicked around earlier was between them, holding their legs in the air.

How'd he manage that? He was being kicked around like a ball earlier... but he stopped both Sasuke's and a Chunin's attacks at the same time. Was it all an act? Hoshino wondered, his ice blue eyes widening. He exchanged a look with Haku, who only nodded in agreement.

The Chunin jumped away, and the boy in green let out a sigh of relief as he released Sasuke's leg.

He stopped my kick. That's some chakra he's got in his arm... Sasuke thought, eying him suspiciously.