New Challengers Appear

Hoshino exhaled, leaning up against the railing. Sakura was staring at Sasuke, who was staring at Hoshino, who didn't notice.

"Hey, good morning, Hoshino! What's up?" Naruto grinned, his face flashing pink. Hoshino looked over towards him with a smile, but his eyes were focused elsewhere.

He sighed; Sasuke and Naruto were ALWAYS glaring at each other, as they were right now. Their eyes were blazing at they burned holes into each other's skull.

"Hmph!" Naruto turned away.

Hoshino crossed his arms. They've been like this ever since Sasuke, Kakashi-San, and I got back from the gold mines. It's like being stuck between a couple of children! Kakashi-San, hurry up!

The sun was high in the sky by the time he actually got there. "Hey guys, good morning." He waved. "Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life." He smiled down at them.

Hoshino sighed in exasperation.

"I'm ready for the mission, Sensei!" Naruto jumped up. "And no more beginner stuff, okay? I want a chance to prove myself, and I'm talking a real mission, where I could show what I'm made of! GAAH! I'm gonna break it up and burn it down, see?!" Naruto shouted, flailing his arms in the air.

Kakashi gulped. "Uh... right. I get it, that's.... great, Naruto. Now, take it easy, would you?" He sighed, holding his hands up in defense.

Naruto growled, turning his head around to Sasuke. Sasuke! He's always rescuing everyone on our missions, trying to grab all of the glory, making me like a loser! But he'll never get the edge on me!

"Huh?" Hoshino wondered, turning his head, meeting Sasuke's eyes, who jumped slightly, pink rising to his face.

"Today's the day!" Naruto proclaimed, stomping his foot. Hoshino looked over at him. "BELIEVE IT!" He seethed.

I wouldn't be surprised if he started to breathe fire at this point...

"Let us know when you're done fantasizing, Naruto, so we can start the mission, alright?" Kakashi called out, his hands in his pockets.

"Right!" Naruto jumped up, his fists clenched.

"Could you not be so annoying for once, Naruto?!" Sakura shouted, her hands on her hips.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the glorious Squad 7. Hoshino sweat dropped.

The sun was higher in the sky, a mellow breeze rustled the plants. Hoshino hummed a small tune to himself as he plucked the weeds from the ground.

"Well, I'm gonna beat Sasuke anyway!" Naruto grinned, rolling up his sleeves as he started to pull out everything in the garden. Hoshino sweat dropped and tried to stop him.

"Hey, you!" A woman stomped over.

"Oh, hi lady! I got rid of all your weeds for you! Pretty cool, huh?" Naruto smiled, rubbing the neck of his neck. The woman began to tremble in anger. "Uh, what's wrong?" Naruto asked, dumbfounded.

"You pulled out the weeds, and you also pulled up all my plants!" She screeched.

"Huh?" Naruto tilted his head, his mouth wide open.

"Those were special herbs I've been growing and you destroyed them!" The woman seethed through grit teeth.

"OW! OW! OW!" Naruto shouted.

Hoshino held back his laughter as he watched the lady smack him around.

The cool river washed against his legs, Hoshino smiled as he picked up trash from in between the river's stones, tossing it into the bucket tied to his back. Kakashi was leaning against a tree, reading one of his books.