the moment(s) i knew

oops this has been in my drafts since august but hi hope you enjoy <3
____

the five times sean just knew kaycee rice was special and the one time kaycee was absolutely certain he was her person.

i. showstopper

It was eight years ago when he first set his eyes on the girl who would eventually turn out to be his lifelong best friend.

He remembered how his little ten year old self was frozen in awe as soon as the young girl donned in an all gold ensemble hit the stage.

Her outfit alone was enough to captivate the audience's attention. But no one was prepared to see such a young girl perform as amazingly as she had that day.

Her technique was impressive, her musicality was comparable to those years older than her. She was talented beyond her years.

Sean was in awe to say the least. He had seen plenty of incredible dancers at these competitions. Everyone worthy of the accolades handed out at the end of the show.

But this girl, she was different. She made every move look effortless.

And Sean was determined to meet her.

ii. parachute

Sean was fidgeting in the backseat of his mom's van as they headed to West Coast Dance Theatre.

He wasn't fidgety because of the class he was going to take, but rather because of whom would be at this class.

It had only been two months since Sean had asked his friend Kaycee to be his partner for World of Dance. While the two had known each other for years, Sean's request had surprised the girl and all of their close friends.

Everyone had no doubt that the two would be amazing together seeing as separately they were incredible dancers, but it felt so out of the blue seeing as they never really were more than just friends who occasionally bumped into one another in classes.

This would be the first class they were both in attendance after announcing to their close friends that they would be competing together.

What made Sean even more anxious was that he had been the one to invite the girl to take this class with him, but this was Kaycee's first ever class with Jake Kodish.

He couldn't help but stress over the possibility that Kaycee might not enjoy this style of dance nor would she feel comfortable. He didn't want to disappoint her or ruin his chances at developing her trust in him before World of Dance.

The sudden stop of the van had broken him out of his thoughts causing him to quickly retrieve his bag and water bottle as he thanked his mom for the ride and quickly scanned the parking lot to see if Kaycee had arrived yet.

It didn't take long for him to spot the brunette already introducing herself to Jake with her signature smile spread across her lips. He felt himself smile just at the sight of her.

He gave her a quick hug before everyone was ushered into the studio to get the class started.

Sean was glad to see that some of their mutual friends were in the class too, hoping they would help ensure this class experience would be a good one for Kaycee.