accidental announcement

hello welcome to part two of "welcome to the good life" enjoy <3
——
Back and forth banters of "You do it." and "No, you do it." bounced off the walls of their hallways as they went to welcome in Kaycee's parents.

"But they're your parents, it only makes sense that you invite them into our humble abode," Sean argued trying to wear his best puppy dog face.

"We're only telling my parents first because you decided to tell them first while we wait for your parents to come back from their vacation in China so we could tell them in person," Kaycee fought, shoving her stressed fiancé toward the entry of their house.

All it took was a light shove to make Sean stumble forward, his hands quickly latching onto the door knob trying to catch himself before he fell onto the door.

On the other side of the door stood Kaycee's very confused and very concerned parents. They wore matching perplexed gazes once they heard the crash that resulted from Sean's stumble but shook their heads when they heard their daughter's boisterous laughter follow.

"Laura! Brad! So glad you two could make it to dinner, it's been too long," Sean greeted as he hugged the pair.

"This dinner was definitely long overdue, you two need to stop booking so many jobs. I need my fixing of Mr. Chopped Junior winner's food more often," Brad joked, patting his stomach.

"Oh please," Laura scoffed as Kaycee playfully rolled her eyes at her dad, "we go to the Lew's place three times a week for dinner, don't act like you don't get your fix."

"Wait, you guys go to Miya and Cheuk's place that often?" Kaycee asked as she led her parents to their dinning room.

"Sure we do sweetheart, you know we can all hang out together without the two of you being around. We're, as the kids call it, 'besties'," said Kaycee's father causing Sean to burst out into laughter.

Groaning, Kaycee plopped down at the seat across from her mother, the two of them shaking their heads at the two goofballs they loved.

Sean excused himself, walking away with laughter as he went to grab their first course. Brad cheered when the food came out, if it was anyone else's home Laura would've hid for the rest of the night, but Sean and Kaycee were beyond familiar with her husband's crazy antics when it came to food, especially Sean's food.

They all fell into a comfortable conversation, discussing the dance duo's last work trip and the happily married couple's most recent vacation to Greece.

Kaycee finished wrapping up a story about one of their more recent collab classes, "Yeah, and then one of the new directors at Fair Play totally confused our last names and introduced us as Kaycee Lew and Sean Rice!"

"Hey, don't blame them they weren't that far off," Brad waved off as he shoved another forkful of food into his already full mouth.

"Not that far off? Brad, you're giving them too much credit, they completely flipped our last names," Sean defended.

"Well," Laura tried to reason, "you two already act as a married couples as it is, plus it's not like you two aren't going to get married in the near future."

The engaged couple froze at her words, their eyes grew like saucers as they tried to glance at one another without Kaycee's parents noticing their uneasiness.

Their planned failed when the couple across from them watched with amused smirks on their faces. Silently, telling them that they knew something they weren't supposed to know.

Wanting to be taken out of his misery already, Sean pushed his seat out from the table and stood up. Glancing at Kaycee, he waited for her nod of approval before sighing and turning his future in-laws.

"It's clear that you two already know but," he leaned down grabbing a hold of Kaycee's left hand, "the reason why we invited you two here today was because we thought it was only fair to tell you this in person."

Revealing the large rock on Kaycee's ring finger, Sean took in one last deep breathe, "We're getting married!"

Laura immediately made her way around the glass, dining table and wrapped the two up into a suffocating embrace. Brad watched the trio as his daughter and future son-in-law struggled for air.

"Honey, let's let these two breathe now," Brad chuckled. The broke from the tight embrace, as Laura glanced at them, clear confusion upon her face.

"Wait... that's why you invited us? You hosted this fancy dinner for this? My loves, we already knew about the engagement."

"You what?!" the pair yelled in unison.

"There's no way you could've known, no one knows about it but us?" Kaycee breathed out trying to make sense of the situation.

"Um sweetie, everyone knows already. I mean, all fifteen million of Sean's instagram followers know at least," Brad said hoping to clear things up.

Kaycee's turned her head to her fiancé, moving so fast she almost got whiplash.

"Sean," she gritted through her teeth, "what does he mean all fifteen million of your followers know about our engagement?"

"What? No, you guys have to be wrong why would my instagram foll- oh no shit!" Sean raced to the living room where his phone was charging and immediately opened his story.

There he saw it. The accidental announcement.

Nine hours ago, Sean had taken a picture of a sleeping Kaycee Rice with her hand resting on her pillow beside her face. Her left hand.

Sean looked up from his phone sheepishly as he saw Kaycee a few feet away, her phone in hand, telling him that she already saw his mistake.

"Baby, I'm so sorry I thought I saved the picture, I had no idea I added it to my story. I must've been too sleepy to realize that I added it instead, I'm sorry we didn't get to announce how we wanted to," he said hoping the girl wouldn't be too mad.

Kaycee was upset, she was. But seeing her sweet fiancé apologize over what really as a harmless accident made her heart swell. The fact that he accidentally posted a picture that he took because he thought she looked adorable in her sleep helped lessen her anger. She was going to make him pay eventually, but right now she'd let this slide.

She stepped toward him causing Sean to flinch, thinking she was going to whack him. She laughed softly and pulled him into a tight hug.

"I mean, that's a memorable way to announce it right?" she whisper into his ear making Sean release a huge breath of relief.

Memorable indeed.

——
hope you guys enjoyed this one and for those of you who don't know, i have a new book called "trying to save us" based off one of my one shots from here, feel free to check it out. and don't please forget to vote and comment <3