late fights, sleepless nights

enjoy! <3
——
"Kaycee, babe is this really necessary?"

"Yes," Sean heard her reply muffled through their bedroom door.

"Baby, I didn't think this would affect you this much. Do I really have to sleep on the couch? Can you please just open the door and let's just talk this out," he pleaded, hoping she could detect the sincerity in his voice even through the closed door— the door she slammed in his face just minutes ago.

"Sean, what you did was unforgivable. If you think you can make up for it by begging for my forgiveness through our bedroom door, then think again. It's unforgivable Sean Lew, unforgivable."

Dusting off his sweats, Sean got up from the hallway floor and made his way to his new room for the night. He grabbed his phone hoping he could get his mind off their little argument.

Was what he did really that bad? Should he have thought about his actions before proceeding to do so? Either way, his guilt grew heavy in his chest as he thought of his wife's face, eyes watery and mouth agape, when she'd seen what he had done.

Hours had passed and he was still laying flat on their couch as he watched their living room ceiling spin and spin. He'd been debating whether or not to go upstairs and knock on the door again, to see if his wife was still upset with him.

Glancing at his phone, he read the time, 3:17am, and decided against it. He wasn't sure if Kaycee was awake and even if she wasn't she surely wouldn't be ready to face him. No, not after what he's done.

About half an hour had passed and Sean felt himself finally began to drift off into sleep. That is until he heard a slight thud to the left of their couch, the sound coming from their kitchen. He was ready to get into defensive mode in case it was a robber. Already up on his feet, he paced over to the sound until he heard a faint "shit."

He walked over to the light switch quickly flicking on their kitchen lights. Once the lights had come on, he noticed his wife hunched behind the freezer door. She was found pouting at something on the floor. Curious, Sean walked over to her and saw that she's dropped her favorite ice cream on the floor.

Smiling slightly, he walked over and picked up, handing it to the girl. Huffing, Kaycee grabbed the small pint out of her husband's hands and walked over to one of the cabinets taking a spoon out in the process.

She tried her best to quickly sneak off back upstairs and into their master bedroom, but being quick on his feet, Sean was already blocking her only exit.

"Nope, not so fast," he demanded at the girl, drinking in her weary look.

She'd look so small wearing nothing but one of Sean's sweaters while glaring up at him holding her ice cream in one hand, spoon in the other. He could tell by the slight puffiness of her eyes that she hadn't gone to bed either. Both of them finding it difficult to sleep without the other beside them, especially after a fight.

Kaycee tried to make a break only to be blocked once again, this time Sean wrapped his arms around her small figure to make sure she didn't try anything.

He made his way to their kitchen island, still carrying the girl, before sitting her gently on the countertop. Sean placed himself between the girl's legs. Grabbing her spoon and ice cream, he sat them beside her before resting his hands on her thighs.

"Are we ready to talk about to what happened earlier?" he said nudging the girl's chin with his fingertips, making her look at him.

She shook her head stubbornly, trying to break free of his hold.

"Angel, this is ridiculous, I know I messed up but you can't seriously be this mad about this. What I did was wrong yes, but are we really gonna lose sleep over this? Are we really going to spend the rest of the night apart because of it?"

She could hear how upset he was just through the rough rasp in his voice. She knew she was being childish, but in fairness, she's three months along in their pregnancy so she's extremely moody and rightfully dramatic. She began running her hands through his curly hair to which he immediately sighed in content.

"I just— I just don't get why you did it Sean. You know how much that meant to me and you just ruined it for me. You willingly ruined my reputation and you expect me to forgive you so easily," she sighed watching his forehead wrinkle in frustration.

"Kaycee, you're really making this all a big dea-"

"No, you aren't allowed to tell me what I can and cannot be upset about. You don't make those decisions for me. Right now, I am upset and rightfully so," she huffed, "I can't believe you would do that to me Sean, do you even love me? Does this family mean nothing to you?"

"Okay Kayc, this is seriously getting out of hand. You're questioning my love for you and our baby over something as small as this? Do you really not know how much love I have for you that you would question the integrity of it over something so silly?"

"Really Sean? You'd call this 'something silly'? Sean you hit me with a blue shell and completely ruined my winning streak in Mario Kart. What am I supposed to tell our future child now huh? That I'm a no good mother who lost her winning streak in Mario Kart after their father blue shelled me ten seconds before I was going to win my 984th game?" she argued with real tears ready to spill from her eyes.

"Baby, are you hearing yourself," he chuckled, "my love you are an insanely talented, world renowned dancer and choreographer but you think a winning streak on Mario Kart is more important."

"Oh, but it is."

Sean really tried to hold in his cackle, he really did, but he couldn't help it as he heard his wife argue about a little video game.

"See and this is all a joke to you! My happiness, a joke!"

"Kayc, baby it's a video game. While I know it's clearly more important to you, you have so much going for you," he said biting his lip to stop the chuckle trying to make its way out, "if I promise never to blue shell you or break your streak ever again can we please go to bed?"

Adorning a pout on her soft lips, Kaycee stuck her pinky out waiting for her husband to seriously and formally agree to his promise.

Linking his pinky with hers, he gently shook it in agreement before tilting his head up so their foreheads touched.

"I'm sorry for not taking you seriously and for breaking your winning streak," he whispered while nudging her nose with his own.

"No more blue shells?" she muttered tiredly against his lips.

"No more blue shells."
——
i can deadass see this happening in real life and i hope i wrote it into existence
anyways hope you guys enjoyed <3