All or Nothing

Alright we're nearing the end of the story, probably like 3 more chapters after this one.

Let's get this over with.

_______________________________________

Alya and Ladybug's faces grew pale upon hearing the dark man's request, they looked at each other seemingly disgusted that he would wish for such a thing. His reasoning for for wanting to marry the princess before had been because he wanted to be King, but the man was already in power. He was completely mad!

Nino gulped and scratched the back of his head nervously. "Well you see dude...I mean sir, I...I can't grant that wish...." The genie was unsure how he could explain that he was incapable of granting his wish in a way that the man would understand, but it was obvious that he was completely past any sort of understanding.

Hawkmoth scowled, but he loosened up and began to chuckle. "Oh I see, one wish means I can only have one girl. Very well then, I'll let you decide who it shall be, which one of these licky girls do you think should be my Queen?"

Both girls look towards Nino who was visibly cringing at the question. He sighed and wiped his face with his hands and tried to explain once again. "Dude...sir....I'm sorry, but I can't grant that wish..."

"Do you dare defy me?" Hawkmoth rose from his chair.

"N...No it's not that it's just....there's certain rules and I can't..."

Hawkmoth grabbed Nino by his vest and pulled him close enoughthat they were eye to eye. "Listen here you wretched being, I'm in control now! I make the rules! When I say for something to be done! It GETS DONE! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!"

In the corner of her eye Ladybug noticed something moving over at the side of the throne room. Hiding behind one of the pillars, she saw Adrien watching the scene from afar.

She nearly gasped, but quickly covered it so she wouldn't alert Hawkmoth. Adrien smiled at her and placed a finger to his lips signaling for her to make sure Hawkmoth wasn't aware of his presence. He then poimted at his ring finger and then at the villainous man himself. Marinette was confused at what he meant, but then she felt something crawl on her shoulder.

"Plagg?" She whispered to the black kwami. This caught Alya's attention and she shuffled over close enough so that she was within earshot.

"Hey Princess, how's it going?" Plagg gave her his usual Cheshire grin.

"What's going on? Why is all this happening? Where did you and Adrien go?" Her questions began to fly.

"We'll explain later, but first we have a job to do." Plagg said determined. "That ring on Hawkmoth's finger is the key to stopping all this, that's how he's controlling Nino. If we can figure out how to get that ring away from him, he won't be able to command him anymore."

"So...Nino's forced to obey Hawkmoth as long as he has the ring on?" Alya asked curiously.

"Yep that's right." Plagg responded

Alya wasn't sure how to feel. Part of her wanted to be mad at Nino, she trusted him with her secrets, but he had kept such a big one from her. At the same time, she wanted to hug him and comfort him, it didn't seem like he had a choice in any of this and she couldn't imagine a life where your soul purpose was to abide the commands of every person that came along.

"Alright so we just need to get that ring off of him, how do we do that?" Alya questioned.

Ladybug thought for a second and inwardly groaned at the idea she managed to come up with. They wouldn't like it, but it may have been their only shot at getting the ring.