Broken Promises

*stomach hurting.... badly*

Oh man.....why did I eat all those pizza rolls....?

I think I'm gonna be sick...😖😖😖

______________________________________

It was near twilight as the sun was beginning to set for that evening. Chat sat in his room on the lounge by the the window looking down at the city below while Plagg snored over on his bed of pillows that was way bigger than he was due to him being in his kwami form.

He finally made it, he was finally where he wanted to be and he would no longer have to have a care in the world and best of all, he finally won the heart of the girl he desired.

And yet.....he couldn't have the luxury of enjoying it.

They wanted to make him King.....no...they wanted to make Chat Noir King, but Chat Noir was only a facade.

Underneath the mask he was just a common street rat, not a Prince. How would the King react to the truth? How would the citizens react?

Worst of all....what if Marinette found out the truth?

There's a knock on the door and a soft voice follows. "Guess who."

Ladybug enters the room with a smile. She closes the door behind her and makes her way over to Chat by the window.

"Here you are." She said taking a seat next to the blonde. "I haven't seen you all day, I was beginning to think you were avoiding me."

Adrien chuckled. "I wouldn't dare dream of doing such a thing M'lady, but....I do admit I do have a couple of things on my mind."

"Care to share?"

The Prince sighed. "I guess I'm just a little nervous. I wanted to be next to you so bad it didn't fully occur to me that you would be queen soon, which means your future husband would be King....being me."

"Do you regret being with me?"

"No of course not M'lady!" Chat quickly said to assure her. "I would never. I couldn't be more happy to be by your side. I just....I know we've known each other for a short time, but....do you really think I'm qualified to help you lead this kingdom."

"I tend to wonder the same thing about myself." Ladybug spoke. "I wonder if I would make any difference as queen than my father would, at times I wondered if there was even anything that I could do for my Kingdom. The day you and I met in the market and the night you and I snuck out of the palace, that was the most I've ever gotten to see my kingdom outside of the palace and there's so much I want to do to help my people."

"I think you would make a great queen." Chat said honestly. "Better than any other Queen or King this kingdom has ever had."

"What if I suddenly said that I wanted to leave it all and give up the rights to being queen? How would you react?"

"I'd grab you by the hand and follow you wherever you wanted to go. Marinette when I came here the crown wasn't what I wanted, I just wanted to see you again, if ruling this kingdom isn't something you would want then we'll start a new life elsewhere." Chat held Ladybug's hand and kissed the back of it. "I'm never leaving your side...ever."

The princess in red blinked at his words. "You.....said my name."

Chat Noirs eyes widen as he realized his mistake. "I....I did?"

"Yes you said 'Marinette.'"

The feline Prince rubbed the back of his neck. "S..sorry I couldn't help it...I've been trying to prevent that from happening."