Trust

*comes back with eggnog*
*drinks the entire carton.*
*tosses it and keeps writing*

______________________________________

Adrien stepped back on the ledge and looked down it wasn't far, they could make it, but would she go with him?

Marinette on the other hand was shaken.

Guards? From the castle? Her father must have sent them and they were here to take her back.

How did they even find her?

"Do you trust me?" Adrien spoke and she turned around to see the blonde's hand reached out to her.

"W..What?" She asked not sure why he was asking this sudden question.

"Do you trust me?!" He repeated the question with more urgency as they didn't have much time.

She wasn't sure why he was asking this now but despite everything, she somehow knew her answer.

"Y...yes." She said grabbing his hand in hers.

Then felt herself suddenly being yanked out the window with him

"Then jump!" He shouted as they began falling towards the ground. Tikki and Plagg flying down from behind.

She let out a scream, but she didn't let go of his hand. They landed in the middle of a sheet hanging between buildings along with various other laundry hanging out to dry.

It slowed there descent and they landed on the ground with a hard thump.

Adrien quickly stood up pulling the girl along.

"Come on we gotta run!" He shouted back to her and in the process wasn't looking where he was going.

He ran into something, that something felt like a person.

Adrien looked up. It was another guard. Pulling Marinette along he ran the other direction. To find more guards blocking the way.

They we surrounded.

Two guards grabbed him, pulling him away from Marinette. Adrien tried to struggle out of their hold to no avail.

"Finally we got you." A guard sneered at the boy. He was the guard from yesterday who shouted after him.

"Let's take him away men."

Plagg flew at the soldier swiping at him with his claws trying to provide any assistance he could to his friend, but was roughly swatted in the wall and knocked unconscious.

Realizing she couldn't just stand and do nothing she grabbed ahold of the guard hitting his arm with all her might.

"Let him go!" The blunette shouted.

"And what do we have here?" The guard sneered. "A street mouse?"

He pushed Marinette to the ground.

"Marinette!" Adrien shouted concern for the girl despite his own predicament.

Marinette was now furious. In a quick motion she took an item out of her cloak and placed it upon her face. She removed her hood and turned towards the guard with her hands placed on her hips.

"By order of the Princess I demand that you release him at once!" She shouted.

Recognizing the embroidery of the Ladybug mask the guards face turned pale.

"P..Princess Ladybug?"

The guards all got to their knees in a kneel, including Adrien, who was dragged down with them.

He lifted his head and stared at the girl, now with a mask covering her face, the shy girl from before gave a stern look of authority over the men.

She's the princess?!! Adrien shouted in his thoughts.

"Unhand him at once." The girl repeated. "I don't need to say it again."

"I'm s...sorry your highness." The guard spoke. "But our orders come from Hawkmoth. You'll have to speak with him."

He signaled for the other guards to take the boy the away. As they went the other direction the blonde stole one last look at the princess.

Ladybug stared back at him. Hurt, confusion, and shock were all seen in his eyes. Determination shined in hers.

"Oh believe me....I will."

_____________________________________

*puts on shades like a thug*