twenty-six

"You want to talk about it?" We were currently sitting on her bed and like before, her head was buried into my chest. "What's wrong?"

"My mother probably hates me. I never really like talking about it because there's people who go through much worst like you, ya know. But, I feel like she hates me all because of what I look like and it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it. I mean your parents are supposed to love and support you," she looked me into my eyes and I could see like, all of her pain.

"Yeah. I know how you feel. My parents never show me anything and confronting them didn't do much. I told them how I felt and they for a little, were concerned, but then went back to being them. I just left it alone after a while and used the confort of other people to help me." The memory almost made me cry. How they wanted to let me know they loved me but the soon was back to kicking me to the curb.

"Yeah. My mother is too busy for that. Besides, what's the point? I'm going to College in another 15 months anyways. Far from her," she got up from the bed and sat in her desk chair.

"Were did you apply?"

"California."

I loudly gasped and my eyes flew open. "Oh my god! Same!"

She had the same reaction. "Like, every College or just some?" She eagerly asked.

"Every College. Or well the good ones."

She started jumping in excitement. "Do you know what this means!?" She yelled at me.

"Yes. I think. Wait, if it's what I think-"

"We'll be together!" She shouted. "That's if you get accepted," she tried to play off the excitement, nonchalantly.

"Oh. Oh! Yeah. I guess it does," I chuckled. "Never thought you'd be this excited to be with me though."

"Nah. Scott. I haven't told you yet but, I guess your like my friend or whatever and you did make me feel really good today. So, thank you," she gets up and engulfs me into a hug.

And then, it happened again. We tried kissing.

"Ew. Why did we do it again." She was frantically whipped her lips.

"Eh, I don't know." From that, we just laughed things on and talked about random things.

                                 ***

"OH MY GOD FRANKIE I DID! I PASSED! OH MY GOD I PASSED," I ran towards Frankie with my test results. When I got to her, gave her the tightest hug ever.

"ErRrR. Scott your chocking me," she mumbled.

"Oh. Oh I'm sorry," I let her go. "I passed. And it's all because of you!"

"Oh my god Scott congratulations. I'm so proud of you." She wrapped her arms around my neck, giving me a hug.

It was June 5th and we'd all gotten our test answers back. That's if you tooken the test. But, I was beyond proud of myself with Frankie to thank.

"Nah. It was all you. Without you, I'd probably be shoving some kid into a dumpster and cheerily walking around like it never happened," the serious look on my face soon turns into laugher from the both of us.

"Well Flowers, looks like you'll be a Senior next year my guy," I give him a whopping high five.

"Looks like it," there was a pause before I continue. "Thank you. I know I screwed up earlier this year but I seriously do thank you for giving me the opportunity to get to know you and brighten up your day. I know that may sound corny and all but I'm a man of words. Not numbers and shit." We both laugh. "So, your still going to tutor me next year though right?" Anger took over her face after asking that question.

"Jeezus Scott," she slammed her locker door in full rage. "Of course," she quietly says before we both fall into laughter.

I'm glad I was failing because if I wasn't, I never would have got this close to Fran. She was my friend and a good one at that. I was still friends with the boys but since I spent more time learning math Frankie, our friendship was a little off. Or well, we weren't really as close anymore. I especially wasn't that close to the girls anymore. I mean, I don't want to say that they are horrible because, that would be an understatement.

It's nice to have a kind friend. A kind friend who eats and could chill like normal people. A kind friend who can also tame the beast inside of me. Plus Daisy. Daisy is a whole new level but we've grown close too. They were my flower's

"I already told you I wasn't going to be your stupid little flower Scott," Fran said through her teeth.

Don't worry. There is still the epilogue and sneekers peekers...