twenty-two

I stepped in the house to quickly step out once the noises hit my hears harder. They were loud moans.

Mickey. In his bed with another girl. Am I dreaming?

Like some weeks ago, I start panicking. My books fall to the floor. The room is spinning like crazy. And my heart is going crazy, breathing out of control. My head started pounding too, I felt like I was going to collapse.

Scott

When she came into the house she fell back on the couch. Her face was soaked and I was instantly concerned. I cupped her crying face. "Hey, hey, hey, what happen?"

She didn't respond, instead she burried her face into my chest. Soon the door comes flying open. I wasn't sure who it was but she immediately came and hugged Frankie's back.

"I'm sorry baby," she whispers to Frankie.

I tapped her shoulder. "What happened," I mouthed.

"Mickey's cheating on her. Like right now," it took me a minute to understand what she said but once I did, the blood in my body heated like crazy.

"I'm gunna kill him," I angrily pushed Frankie off of me, mistakenly, but she pulls me back down.

"It's not worth it," she says. I sat back down and hugged her tight.

Gosh! What a dick. And I called it. Why didn't I say anything? Shit! Maybe because part of me felt like I was just imagining things and should probably mind my business. But damn, never thought I was right. And all this time I knew Frankie, I should have told her. I feel like a dick.

"Dammit this is my fault," I blurted out.

"What'd you mean?" The girl with the tattoos asked.

"I mean, a while ago he said his phone died and he didn't have access to his car and blah blah blah. I thought the real reason he wasn't answering because he was cheating. But I dismissed the thought when I saw how happy they were with each other. I'm sorry, I should have said something," I explained.

"NoOoOo," Frankie pops up and sits correctly on the couch. "It's no ones fault but mine. I'm such an idiot. How long has this even been happening?" She probably asked that last part to herself but the girl next to her spoke up.

"Um, it happened a couple times. But I promise I thought it was you," her breathing speeds up.

Frankie doesn't say anything for a little. Though, she stands up and walks towards the door.

"Where you going?" We asked in sync.

"For a walk."

***

"I'm Daisy by the way," the girl sticks her inked hand out and I shake it.

"Scott. Scott Flowers," I kiss her hand with a wink. I assume she didn't like that because she slapped me and told me not to do it again.

We'd been sitting for about 45 minutes waiting for Frankie. We were talking and jeez. I thought I was bad ass! This Daisy girl is fucking insane. She blew up her schools science room. Ironic because it's the science room and she had to use scientific chemicals. But the real question is how come she isn't in jail yet?

She also got expelled from her College because she vandalized a teachers car. Apparently they gave her a bad grade on something she thought she deserved a better grade. I was in total shock. But, not gunna lie, it was a bit of a turn on.

"So Scott, what's the most fucked up thing you've ever done?"

"Uh, probably tear down Frankie's confidence. She didn't always used to dress like that."

"Wow man, that's fucked up," she gave me a serious expression. "What'd you say?"

"I just called her ugly and fat," I thought about that day and it still made me a little upset. I still apologize til this day.

"Wow. That's screwed up asf. You should be ashamed of yourself," she slapped the side of my head.

"Oww. And yes. I'm very ashamed thank you very much."

Just then, Frankie walked in with a bunch of bags.

"Hey beautiful," I said when she walked in. "What's in the bag?"

"Clothes. New clothes. Hopefully you don't make me hate myself again," I could hear the hatred in her voice. But, I knew it wasn't towards me and that she was just releasing anger.

"God men are such dicks."

If you have any questions of any sort, my IG is: @shadyheauxx or sc: @kay_kay12433