eighteen

I was blown away. Mickey Mouse just asked me like the biggest question literally ever in my entire life. I've never heard it before. At least not to me. What do I do? Say yes? Or-

"I'm sorry. I- that was stupid forget I said anything," he said about to walk out the kitchen. I had to stop him.

"No Mickey Mouse! I was just trying to figure out how to answer," I chuckled a little. "Of course I'll be your girlfriend. Why not?" I said as I gave him a bug bear hug.

"That's amazing! Wanna dance now?"

"No. Let's just savor this moment," I still had him hugged.

***

For most of the time at the party we just danced. A lot on each other. It was a huge turn on and all but I felt so many different eyes on me. Boys. Girls. Even some of the weird mascots around the room.

At one point, I saw Samantha death staring me. I was going to confront her but I was having way to much fun.

"Hey, you ready to go home?" Mickey Mouse whispered into my ear.

"Yeah," I said back. Like most high school kids, we weren't drunk or anything. Maybe second hand high but drunk no.

***

When we got back to our building, we went into my apartment. I invited him to my room where we layed in bed.

"So..." he awkwardly said.

"So..."

"I don't know. Since your like, my girlfriend or what not...maybe we could...kiss?" He suggested.

I propped up on my elbow on one arm and put my other on the side if his face before attaching his lips to mine.

"Mmm, you taste great," he said against the kiss

"You taste even better," I said, breaking the kiss. "So, what do you want to do for for the rest of the night?"

"Mmm, cuddle up. Your so soft."

"Um ok," I said before laughing. "What does that mean?"

"Your like a soft pillow. I hope didn't offend you. "

"Oh no," I giggle a little. "You didn't."

"Ok."

***

School that monday was so weird. People stared at me but in a new light. They said hi and said my name without the fatty before it. Guys sat next to me in class. I was even invited at the popular kids table for lunch.

"Hey! Frankie, come sit," Dave called out. At the table was Coby, Maxie, Scott and Dave. "The girls are on line getting lunch still."

"Uh, why did you invite me here?" I was super confused. Not really but.

"You my friend, are officially the most popular girl in school," Coby said.

"I- what?" This had me actually confused. Since when?

"Yeah. Ever since you and that boy showed up and you looked incredibly sexy in that costume, people, guys, just haven't stopped talking about you," was I in an alternate universe or something? And why did Scott look so pissed off?

"Uh look, I appreciate the gesture but like, why the change? Why now? Literally just a few days ago you guys were calling me fat. Now you think I'm hot?" Confused as everrrrrrr.

"Yeah. And we apologize for it. But like, we didn't know you were actually like attractive until the party," Maxie explained.

"Well unfortunately I have a boyfriend now. Plus, you guys are still asshats."

"Ok we-" before Maxie could finish, the girls came.

"Ew what is fatass doing here?" Cynthia snared

I pointed my fingee up at her to show the boys exactly what I was talking about.

"Yeah. No elephants allowed," Jannet said after.

I tilted my head in there directions as another example of what I was talking about was evident.

"Elephant? More like T-Rex," Terrin laughed.

"You see. I'm not welcome here," I stood up and exited out the lunch room. Before I could completely step out, a hand came in contact with my shoulder.

"Oh so you two are dating now?"

"What's it to you Scott?" My blood was boiling for some reason. Well, a reason.

"It doesn't. I just wanted to know," he sounded offended.

"Well, you don't need to know everything." I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

Scott

I went back to my table feeling tense as ever.

"What's wrong Scott?" Jan asked me.

"Nothing alright, it doesn't matter now eat your damn food and shut the hell up."

***

It was time for my tutoring session with Frankie and at this point, Mickey. But to my surprise, he wasn't there when I got there. It was just an anxious looking Frankie.

"What's wrong?" I asked putting my bag down and sitting on the couch.