three

The only choice I had was running away. Running out the building and not looking back. But it was less of a run, more like a dramatic panic attack. I heard everyone following me and laughing at me like I was the funniest person in the world. Plus there was absolutely no escaping. It was like they were following me.

I finally arrived at the bus stop though.

While waiting for the bus, all I could do was cry nonstop. How could she? She knew it would be consequences.

Buzz buzz.
Buzz buzz.

It was her.

God, I hope she's happy

When the bus finally came I payed my fair and when straight for the back. I felt everyone's eyes. Like everyone's. It made me extremely uncomfortable.

All of a sudden I felt a tap on my shoulder. Because I had been crying so much, when I turned, I couldn't even see who it was.

"Hey, you alright?"

I whiped my face to see who it was. It was Mickey Mouse. His hand was placed on my shoulder. He was giving me a warm comforting smile.

"No. No, I'm not. I feel terrible," I said through sobs. I could lied to him but by the way I was crying, that was not an option.

"What's wrong? Do you wanna talk about? Do you need to go to the doctor?" He sounded worried for me. He just met me yesterday.

"No. It's a personal thing. You wouldn't understand," I shook my head then looked at my hands. Tears fell on them and my head started pounding like crazy.

"Oh. Well um," he seemed lost for words. Then I realized he probably thought I meant my period or something.

"It's not my period if that's what your thinking about."

"Oh. Well um, I hope you feel better," I looked into his brown eyes. He still had a smile on his face. It made me feel a little better but I still couldn't stand myself at the moment.

We didn't talk the rest of the bus ride to our building. I could tell he probably felt bad for me. He probably also put the pieces together.

He did, because right when we got out of the elevator, he turned to me and said: "others may not think so but I think your body is beautiful. You shouldn't let the thoughts of other people be the reason why you look down on yourself. If you feel bad about yourself, let it atleast be your opinion. Not some mean high school kid."

I smiled at him. Honestly, that was the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to me. Not including my model of a mother. My mother said nice encouraging things to me but I feel like they were strictly because she can't stand having a heavy set daughter.

***

I just sat and cried all day. Sure what Mickey Mouse said was sweet and all but it didn't really make me feel better. I didn't even know him. But obviously he wasn't like all the other boys I know. He was different. Maybe he knows someone like me. I don't know.

"Aw honey, what's wrong?" My mother came and sat on the bed. She started running my back.

"Ah nothing. Just stuff," I told her.

"Well, your principal called and told me that you ran out of the school. What, is it your period or something?" She was calm. Calmer than usual.

"No. I don't want to talk about it," I told her. "It's not like you could relate anyways," I mumbled into the pillow.

She must have heard me because her response was: "are they bullying you again? Those dicks." Her voice, still calmer than ever. What was going on inside of her head?

When I didn't respond, she just got up and left.

My day has been completely shit. The only thing that would make this worst is if I take a look at my phone. The worst was yet to come.

...

I heard laughter coming from the livingroom. Since when did we have guest? She literally just got home. She literally just left my room. Who the frick?

I opened my door a little.

"It's nice meeting you Ms. Harper. I've talked to your daughter a couple times. She seems nice," it was Mickey Mouse.

"Ah yes. She's, one of a kind," I could hear the hesitation in my mother voice. Ugh.

"Will she be joining us?" I heard a lady say. She was about my mother's height. She had the same skin complexion as I did. Her hair was braided in four cornrows. It was probably his mother, keeping up with the time. Just like mines did. My mother hated being called old.

"Uh well I don't know. She didn't really want to be bothered a few minutes ago so  I just left it alone. Maybe she'll come out later. Rough day at school," she explained.

"Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the desserts I made. Grandmother's secret recipe," the lady said.

"What desserts?" My mother looked confused.

"The ones at the bottom of the fridge I told you about last night," I stepped out of the room. Didn't want to seem fatter than what I already was.

"Oh, you said desserts. I thought you said desert. Like a desert. I- I'm a moran without my ex around," my mother laughed.

"Yeah haha mom so funny," I awkwardly said. Then I walked by her side. I looked ridiculous but I didn't want my mother to look like a clown infront of neighbors.

"Well I'll order our food. You two kids go get to know each other," my mother smiled.

Mickey Mouse turned to me and smiled. I just gave him an awkward wave.

Embarrassing...