eight

Mickey

My mother always taught me to never judge a book by it's cover but by the words it displays on it's pages.

That's exactly what it was like meeting Frankie and getting to know her more.

When I first bumped into and looked her in her beautiful green eyes, I thought I was never going to be able to read her. All I got was the cover and that's it. But when she opened the door the other night I was relieved. It was like, all day I'd been thinking about this girl who's name I didn't know, age, background. Nothing. But, like fate, corny I know, she opened up her book to the first page.

I could tell she was different. She didn't scream desperate from the top of her lungs if you know what I mean. She had a shy side to her. And it was cute.

Seeing her cry like that on the bus made me feel horrible. Once I realized that it was because of the way she looked I just wanted to hug her and never let her go. But that would be weird being that I still had no idea who she actually was.

And Frankie isn't even fat like she says people say. She's...Chubby. Curvy as well. But fat, fat was what you called a lazy panda bear that just rolled around in it's own filth all day. Fat is what you would describe a pig to look like. Fat was what you called Kim Kardashian's ass and Frankie, Frankie was nowhere near that in my eyes.

She had curves, she was thick. It was sexy to me in all honesty. But I guess that's not how everyone saw it as. They saw her in a totally different light and it made her hate herself. God was high schoolers disgusting. They loved growing on other people's lows. It made them feel powerful. They didn't even consider anyone else's feelings.

...

We were sitting in Frankie's room and she was explaining to me how she made a bunch of her decorations by scratch and why. God she was so fascinating. And I literally just met her.

"So I use old clothes sometimes but most time I just go by fabric. I hand stitched the pillows because I felt like it would last longer than hot glue. But I do it because it calms me down and it's actually like the only thing I'm good at," I could hear the excitement building up in her.

"Yeah, you are really freakishly good at this stuff. Could I pay you? I asked her. She froze before giving me a confused look.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because, all this cost money, right?"

"Yeah but my moms got it covered. No need to worry plus your my friend to you immediately get a 100% off discount." I laughed at her comment. Wasn't that funny but the way she said it was. Like a little child or something.

"Hey can I ask you a question?" She asked.

"Yeah what is it?" My full attention was on her.

"Why did you and your girlfriend breakup?" It was a weird question but by the curiosity in her eyes, she really wanted to know.

"She just got too ahead of herself. She won with huge amount of money and ever since then she started acting like a huge asshole. You ever heard of Jackie Venns?" I asked her.

"Yeah. That YouTube? Wait, was she your ex?" She asked in...excitement?

"Yeah," I said hesitantly.

"Oh my god! Yeah she did change though after that money. Not gunna lie. But I still really liked her. She inspired most of my looks in my look book. I know it's like weird and all but," she shrugged. "But I like fashion so..."

"Yeah, yeah nah I get it," I gave her a confused look because of how confused I was with myself.

"Do you still talk to her?" She asked.

"No. Not really. She texts me sometimes but I never really respond," I shook my head thinking about some of the desperate things she's sent me.

"Mm. I guess that's why Mickey Mouse was always on her shirt in her most recent videos. Did she ever call you that?"

"No. Maybe she's just hinting she wants me back. I don't know. Not going to happen anyways," I explained.

"Mm. Well she was pretty," she told me. I could her the insecurities in her voice. Jackie was, beautiful, but her beauty was corrupted by her snobby ways that she eventually developed.

"You are too," I shot back.

I could tell she was trying to hide a blush. I could also tell that we've gotten way off topic, but, I wanted to know more about her.

"What's Sammy with two red hearts like?" I chuckled a little at what I said.

"Well, she's very smart. She knows things yet chooses to do what she wants. Since we were younger actually. She's also a huge hoe. She dated like 1000 guys already and she's only 16. It's actually disgusting. Why not one and done. Or two, boom they get the shoe. Plus, everytime she did get a new boyfriend, that's all she wanted to talk about. She was incredibly selfish when I think about it. And that whole cake charade was all an act. She just wanted to know who 'Frank' was and probably just go back to her selfish ways. And jeez the more I talk the more I realize how selfish she was. Geeer," she looked pissed. Was her friendship that bad?

"Well you have me now. I'm not selfish."

"I hope your not," she chuckled. Then she embraced me into a hug.