twelve

"I'm supposed to believe you? How do I know this isn't one of your stupid little traps or pranks or something?"

"Trust me, it's not. I know it may seem like it but no. I was just afraid of other people's opinions of me that I didn't think about how you felt and how people would treat you. I wasn't raised like that and for me to have had done that. If my mother would have found it, she would have been pissed," he said that last part under his breath almost.

"Am I supposed to forgive you or something?"

"Well, I get it if you don't. I destroyed something great and it was wrong. And I would try to make it up to you but you and your boyfriend seem to be pretty occupied," he rolled his eyes.

"He's not my boyfriend. And no, you can't make it up," I got up and walked to the door, "you can leave though," I opened.

"Ok well, I guess I'll see you around then. Bye beautiful," he smiled before leaving.

Beautiful
Beautiful
Beautiful

Scott Flowers called me beautiful. He literally just thought I was gross now he thinks I'm beautiful.

"What happen?" Mickey Mouse broke through my thoughts.

"Nothing. He just tried to apologize. But, I didn't believe him," I said. He stepped in with Jackie following behind him. Why was she still here? Didn't she get the point already?

"I'm sorry," Mickey Mouse whispered so that Jackie wouldn't hear. There were many things he could said sorry for. The kiss? Jackie? Maybe even Scott? Jesus Christ.

"Wow. Nice little home," she she said, observing my house. The living room and kitchen where in the same place and the lights on the ceiling have it a very tan, brown, and carmel look. It reminded me more like a loft than an actual apartment.

"Yeah," I said.

We all sat on the couch eventually. An awkward silence filled the room.

Scott

I truly do want to make it up to her. I mean, I don't like her or anything but I don't want to her to see me as an evil person anymore.

***

Frankie

That whole night was just weird and awkward. We didn't even talk much after. Jackie left and Mickey Mouse explained what he did.

"Jackie already sends me her nudes. I did not want anything else to escalate anymore. Thank you for being my girlfriend," he said.

"Yeah. Your welcome. Why'd you say sorry though?"

"Because she came into your apartment," he scoffed.

"Oh. So not about the kiss?"

"No," he smiled. I let out a breath in relief.

"So, you liked it?" The question suprised me but all I could do was blush uncontrollably. "I'm guessing that's a yes. Maybe we can do it more often," he said before leaving my house. Ouuuu.

***

The next day at school felt weird. Not to mention the note I found in my locker with my name on it.

Dear Frankie,
Again, I want to apologize for what I did to you. I seriously just want you to regain your confidence back. It was beautiful and something most girls didn't have even though they were much "skinnier" than you. I know that may be triggering  but I didn't know how to rephrase it any better. Hopefully one day in the future you will be able to forgive.

-Scott

This was shocking. Way was he trying so hard? And I just remembered how good of a writer Scott was. Always have been. He just couldn't count. It's actually funny because-

"Frankie Harper please make your way to the principal's office. Very important business to intend to," I heard principal Heartmen call out.

Everyone eyed me as I walked to the office including Scott with a stupid grin on his face. What did he do?

"Hello Ms. Harper. Please sit," the principal directed me to sit down. "So, I'm aware of the past things that have been said about you but I'm here to tell you things get better. I know how you feel because I went through the same thing in high school and it wasn't fun. But now, I need your help and it's totally fine if you decline," he leaned forward in his chair.

"Um ok. What is it?" I asked.

"I need you to tutor Scott Flowers in math."