nine

Samantha

I don't know who that guy was coming out of her room but he probably made her feel special or something. For once in her life a guy actually is talking to her. Whoopi.

And Frank? Total fatties name. So I guess it fits.

And, admittedly I could say that guy was cute. I'd totally date him. Plus, really only one of us can be in a relationship. If she was to get in a relationship everything would be about her and her new boyfriend. To which, has to be a joke. Who'd wanna date Fatty Frankie?

And I love her and all but jeez, loose some. I brought her that cake hoping she'd eat her way into my forgiveness but she probably didn't want to embarrass herself. Sad.

***

2 weeks later

It's been two weeks since not talking to Frankie. I guess she really was mad at me.

When ever me and the group has a project or something we go to Harpers Heaven, the bakery downstairs from Frankie's apartment. Usually we order a bunch of a cake and what not while we work.

To my huge surprise, that boy was there sitting behind the counter tapping away on his phone.

"Hey welcome to Harpers Heaven," he said before looking up. "How may I help yo- Samantha right?" He finally looked up at me.

"Yeah. And you are?"

"Mickey. I was there when you brought that cake for Frankie."

"Oh yeah, I remember you," before I finished Scott came and stood next to me.

"What are you like? Her boyfriend or something?" Scott asked.

"Nope. Just a friend," for some reason, a huge goofy smile came across is face. I was going to ask why but Scott beat me to it.

"What the hell is that dum looking smile on your face?" He asked him.

"Just me being friendly," he cheekily responded.

"Yeah well your dumass smile says otherwise," Scott said back.

"Well I guess we just have too different meanings of friendly don't we," his smile grew wider.

Just as he did that, Frankie walked in with a huge and annoying smile on her face.

"Hey Frank," Mickey said.

"Hey Mickey Mouse," she said back.

"How's business so far?"

"Eh. A few this morning but other than that no one really came but them," he explained to her.

"Mm. Yeah. This doesn't get as busy as the restaurant and like the one's further down town. But that's fine," she shrugged. Then she turned and looked at us, "hey welcome to Harper's Heaven, how my I assist you?"

"Frankie this is stupid. Accept my apology and move on already," I loudly whispered.

"Mm. I'm sorry, that's not on the menu. Maybe try a different bakery but, maybe hard because many bakeries don't really sell bullshit," she gave me a phony smile.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, I'll have a bean pie. Satisfied?"

"Your total is $5. Enjoy," she walked to the other side of the back of the counter to get out a fresh bean pie from the heater thingy.

I took the pie and Scott and I walked back to our table. I was sitting with Scott, Cynthia, Maxie, Jannet and Terrin. Coby couldn't make it.

"What happen?" Cynthia asked. I didn't answer back, instead I rolled my eyes and glared at them.

"Who'd wanna date her? So confusing," Maxie spoke out. "No offense Sam but, why were you friends with her again?"

"Obviously to make herself look better, inside and out," Jannet spoke up.

"Mm," one of the boys said.

"He definitely is using her for something. But what?" I spoke out.

Mickey

"You hear them talking about you right? Including Samantha," I whispered into Frank's ear.

"Yeah," I could tell she was holding back tears.

"Nah, it's fine. Don't cry over them and there stupidity. They're the ones missing out," I pulled her into a hug.

Samantha

"Oh shh shh, they're hugging," I waved my hand for them to be quiet.

"Why do you let them get to you like that," he asked her pulling away from the hug.

"I don't know. I guess it just tore me down because at the time I had such as bug crush on Scott. Now I'm just weak and..." I couldn't hear her after that. But what she said about Scott made him gag in disgust.

Frankie had left after a couple of minutes. Not sure where but now was the perfect opportunity to talk to Mickey. "Hey Mickey," I said in a flirtatious way.

"Uh hi," he answered back. He wasn't looking at me though and it made me feel a little annoyed.

"So, your not with Frankie. Maybe we could go on a date?" I asked, I bit my lip to look cute.

"Uh no thanks," he finally looked at me. "Kind of into Frankie right now so, yeah. And even if I wasn't it still would be a no. Maybe someone else at a different bakery?" I gave him an annoyed expression to which he smiled back in amusement. I just stomped back to my table.

He was missing out on so much. SO MUCH.

It's not the end of Samantha kids...