chapter 4

Hannah's alarm rang at eight am and she nearly destroyed it. The o to thing that saved her phone from her mighty wrath was the fact that she couldn't move as there was a small fuzz ball of warmth cuddled on her chest and a giant ball of energy waiting to explode sleeping on her legs.

"CJ!!!!" Hannah yelled releasing all her frustration about waking up early into her shout.

"What what!" The boy barged through her door.

"Get you slobbering pup off my legs!"

"And here I thought you wanted a big warm mass to sleep with you?"

"That's it!" Trying to get up without hurting the kitten so she could kill her brother proved to be more difficult then she imagined.

"I'm out!" The boy rushed from the room. "Apollo! Come here boy!" The dog leapt off the bed to follow it's boy.

"You better fix your own breakfast! I'm not doing it!" Hannah fell back into her pillow and back to sleep within a minute.

CJ looked into her room to see her sleeping and smiled at his sister finally looking relaxed. Texting his friend to come pick him up for school he shut her door and left a note telling her how her got to schedule and to not worry about him.

"What.. why am I still in bed?" Hannah woke up to the kitten snuggling her face and meowing for it's breakfast.

"CJ?!" Hannah scooped up the kitten and rushed to the kitchen in a panic. Seeing the note she ripped it off the fridge and breathed a sigh of relief that he was fine and at school. Even still she sent a message making sure

Hannah: did you make it to school on time? Why didn't you wake me up??!

My annoying younger bro: you seemed tired and ready to rip out my throat. It was self preservation! And yeah I'm at school so stop texting me before I get on trouble!

Hannah: ugh love you! Be safe!

My annoying younger brother: yeah yeah I will. Love you too

Hannah set her phone down with a smile and picked up the kitten.

"Welp Blanca it's just us then till work starts tonight! What should we do?" The kitten meowed making Hannah grin

"My favorite show and icecream it is then!"

                    Time skip

Hannah's alarm rang signaling it was time to go to work. Her brother had messaged her telling her he was going over to his friends house after school so not to worry about picking him up.

"Sigh alright little one I have to go now." Quickly getting ready in nicer clothes she rushed out to door to head to her first day of work

Walking through the  coffee shops doors she was welcomed with the barista girl from the day before shouting her name and running up to hug her.

Hannah stiffened at the hug but didn't shove her away.

"Sorry I'm just so excited that your working here!! We've needed help for awhile now" the girl chucked and led Hannah to to back to get her an apron.

"So this is your apron from know on you can take it home if you want but if you loose it you have to pay for it." The girl giggled and pulled Hannah to the next room after she got her apron on.

"This is where you clock in, you can go ahead and use the number he gave you yesterday you get paid for training here. After you've clocked in you will go to your station. Right now until you've had some more training you will be on register." The girl spent some time and showed Hannah around the store some more then showed her how the register worked.

"If you have any questions just ask anyone around" Hannah wasn't sure the girls smile could get any wider but it did.

"I'm so glad your here!" The girl hugged her again then left to make some drinks that had been ordered.

Hannah shook her head and turned to the register to try to familiarize herself with it some more.

"I see you met Alliy sorry about her she doesn't understand personal space." The guy who had just come in laughed and held out his hand

"I'm Jacob nice to meet you, I work nights too so we'll see a lot of each other" the man smiled kindly "feel free to ask me anything" Hannah shook his hand and smiled

"Thanks, I'm Hannah" with that the bell rang and a rush of customers came in.

"Nothing like learning on the job!" Jacob laughed and left to go to the drink making station. Hannah grinned at her thought of well this'll be interesting