82

"you need to lower your voice, your mom's in the next room"

"I don't care, why didn't you tell me you needed money"

I drop my head and shake it, he's just not listening "ark I don't need money, did you hear me once say i need money"

"you said that after your bills you have less than 500 dollars, how can you survive on that"

I shrug "I manage, its really not that bad. It may not seem a lot to you with you being a millionaire but to me it's enough to lead a decent life"

"but if you moved in here you could have all your salary, just think how much better off you would be"

He's right of course but it's way too soon to even discuss me moving in with him. Things are going good but uts only been a week who knows how long it will last.

"it's been a week, let's just slow it down a little OK"

Ark rolls his eyes but finally agrees "fine I won't mention it again"

"so are we" he looks at the bed and raises his eyebrows suggestively.

"with your mom in the next room"

"yeah, she won't hear anything. I told you the walls are soundproof"

"not happening" I say with a laugh, he sighs dramatically before throwing himself on the bed.

"poor baby" I taunt, I slip off my clothes and lay beside him on the bed in only my thong. I know it's wrong to tease him but I can't resist.

His eyes widen as he sees me, he almost does a flip in the bed so he's facing me. "you look so good, you really can't deny me for a week"

"I think you will find I can and I will. Night Noah" I laugh and turn away from him.

I can hear him complaining under his breath as he sheds his own clothes.

I think a week without sex will be just as hard for me as it will be for him.

...................

The balls of my feet ache, i can barely stand I just want to get home and put my feet up. Work has been busier than ever, I haven't had a moment all day.

I push open the heavy door of arks house and slip off my heels. I have to drag myself to the sofa and just fall on it. I dont get long to relax however, ark comes in and sits beside me. He dripping wet and although he looks good enough to eat I worry about him destroying on his expensive sofa.

"long day babe"

"you have no idea, where is everyone?

" there getting changed were going out for dinner. I thought we should revisit the steak house where we had our first date "

I smile brightly at him, it seems so long ago since we had our first official date but in reality it's not been that long. We have just been through so much that It feels we have been together for years.

" that sounds good, I'll go change "I cringe as I putt my feet on the floor.

" what's up with your feet" he looks genuinely concerned.

"I havent sat down all day, my feet just ache a little. I'll just wear flats to dinner"

I walk up the stairs with ark following closely behind "I don't think I've ever seen you out of heels"

"I'm not in heels now" I tell him

"I mean in public, your feet must really hurt"

I make myself comfortable on arks bed and remove my make up, There's a knock on the door and before long Penelope is in the room tapping her feet on the floor with impatience.

"were ready"

"I only just got back from work, can you give me ten minutes" I ask.

"you get ready in 10 minutes, yeah right" ark laughs.

"we will be down in 10 minutes" I say confidently.

I run my brush through my hair and spray some perfume on my neck. Ark was right there is no way I will be ready in 10 minutes. I'm feeling confident and loved more than I have in a long time so I think now is a better time than any to try something I haven't done in years.

I pop some blusher on my cheeks and a coat of mascara to my lashes. My face is almost bare, my freckles are noticeable but they don't bother me as much as they use to.

Ark is in the bathroom getting dried so I take advantage of the room and change into a yellow floral summer dress and some white guggi sliders. I stand in the full length mirror and in shocked at the girl I see looking back at me. I look so young and natural, I look happy.

"woah babe you look great, there is 1 problem however" ark says as he puts his arms around my waist.

"and what is that" i whisper nervously.

"I'm afraid you will have to drink soda tonight, there is no way your getting served" he laughs and kisses my neck.

"are you sure I look OK"

"babe you look amazing, I always tell you that you don't need make up. I love you natural"

"I love you" the words come out of my mouth before I can think about it.

"I know you do babe, you wouldn't have put up with all this shit if not. God rose I love you more than I can explain, I've loved having my family here but I am ready for them to go home tomorrow so I can get lost in you"