12

After 3 encores the show is over and the band leaves the stage, my worries had been unfounded I loved every second of the concert. When the songs that I recognised were played I lost myself in the music especially in the song ecstasy. I don't know why but that song speaks to me.

I had enjoyed the concert so much that in a very uncharacteristic move I didnt take one photo. I see the man who showed us to our seats heading our way so I quickly look in the screen of my cell. My eyes are wild and my hair is dishevelled. I refresh my lipstick and run my fingers through my hair. My make up has held up quite well so I don't have to worry about fixing it. My sister is still so caught up in the night that she doesn't give two craps about her crazy hair and running mascara.

"Ms Hart are you and your guest ready to head backstage"

I nod happily and follow him through the fans who wait eagerly at the stage door in hopes of catching a glimpse of ryder. They all push as we past, its kind of out of control. The backstage area is vast and almost as hectic as the arena had been. There were men carrying equipment through a rear door so the wind swept the through the space. It's so loud all that can be heard is laugher and crashing. We stop in front of an open door, he ushers us in and announces our presence.

I look around and see men lounged on sofas with beer in their hands. 2 out of 4 of them have women sat on their lap, not 1 woman. Plural. The air is filled with smoke and I don't think its cigarette smoke, I'm pretty sure there smoking weed. More people cram in the small room and help them self to drinks from a bar. A small woman enters and greets dianne and I by name.

"would you like a drink" she asks.

"sure, do you have anything that hasn't been in their mouths" I say pointing to the men who each hold a whiskey bottle. My sister rolls her eyes but i dont know where these strangers mouths have been.

The woman laughs and hands us both a bottle of beer.

"we have wine, if that's what you would prefer"

I look around to see who was speaking and see a tall athletic man who was wearing only skinny jeans and a million tattoos. He doesn't look like the type who would carry wine. I cant take my eyes off him, hes beautiful, not handsome, beautiful. 

"you have wine Ark" a man I recognise as the lead singer asks, he has a bemused look on his face.

"arks the drummer, Robbi is the singer" dianne whispers in my ear.

Ark walks across the room and grabs a bottle of wine and two plastic cups.
"move"

"move" he yells kicking a small sofa that holds 4 scantily dressed women. The women all swear at him but finally move and squeeze in the other available spaces. Im shocked by his rudeness , no one else seems bothered by it.

"I think he's offering you a seat" robbii jokes.

"fuck off, I'm just being a good host to our competition winners" ark says as he brushes past Robbie . He hands us both a plastic cup and guides us to the sofa, once we're sat he perches on the sofa arm next to me.

"competition, what competition" Chad the bass player asks.

"the one Maggie told us about" Robbie says with a smile. The rest of the band look at each other and smirk.

"oh yeah" the guitarist Ludo says, he nods in greeting to us.

"oh hi ladies, I can see the band have made you welcome. I'm Maggie the bands manager, how has your stay been so far" Maggie is small with red hair, I'm a little tipsy but I'm sure I recognise her from somewhere.

"fucking amazing, I've had the best time" Dianne answers as she looks around the room. My sister really is on cloud 9.

"and you Rose, did you enjoy the show"

"very much thank you, its the first rock concert I've ever been to" I say, honestly I've only ever Travis perform live and his music is a little softer.

"great, well help yourself to the bar and the pizzas are on the way. Maybe we should take some photos of you and the band before they get wrecked" Maggie laughs.

"come on guys get up, let's take some photos with our VIPs" Maggie calls before taking a bottle of jack Daniels from Chad's hand.

They all begrudgingly stand make their way over to the back wall. Dianne and I follow and stand in the crowd with them. They all pose, dianne does the devil horns with her hands. I just tilt my head and smile like normal, when I look to my right I see ark looking at me bemused.

As soon as Maggie has taken photos with both mine and dianne cell phones the guys resume their drinking. Di and I sky back down and I top up out glasses. Di happily looks at her cell, she holds it in front of my face to show me the photos of us with the band.

"so you want some selfies" ark asks as he takes the cell from her hands. We all move in close and he snaps away. This is so surreal, unlike the other members of the band he's giving us attention.

"so rose, which song is your favourite"

"ecstasy"

"I wrote that" he says tapping his chest. He looks proud, I notice for the first time what a sweet smile he has.

"so have you enjoyed staying at the hotel" he asks me, he hasn't taken his eyes off me and i dont think i have looked away from his gaze, its intoxicating.

"yeah it's amazing, it's like nothing I've ever experienced. Home is a little less posh"

Ark laughs and takes a large drink from his cup, "I'm glad your enjoying it, must be nice to take a break from work"

Dianne turns away and starts speaking to Chad. It seems so odd that Ark a man who i only just met is being so friendly. None of the other band members are taking much interest. Although from the corner of my eye I see Chad running his hands over my sisters bare thigh.

"yeah it's been a little odd I've not had more than 1 day off in 2 years" when I hear it loud I realise how crazy it is. I really am working myself to death.

"sounds like my life, I haven't slept in my own bed in months" he says but it does g sound like he's exactly complaining.

"how long is the tour"

He pulls at his lip ring with his teeth, he looks like he's thinking. "what's the date"

"you dont know the date"

"some days blend together, every arena looks the same you kinda lose track"

"it's February the 3rd" I tell him. He genuinely looks surprised.

"shit, I missed Christmas. I'd better call my mom"

I can feel my eyes widen, how could he have missed Christmas was his life really that hectic. He has to be joking, I narrow my eyes at him. " your joking right"

"hey Maggie, where did I spend Christmas" he calls out.

Maggie shakes her head and rolls her eyes, "you were holed up in that motel in New York writing"

"dude why didn't you drag me home"

"you specifically told me not to bother you for a month or I would be fired. I send your mom a bottle of her favourite perfume"

"oh that's OK then, thanks" he shoots her a wink and she laughs.

"how did your mom not kill you, i know my mom insists on having us all at Christmas lunch. I had to work this year and I didn't hear the end of it"

" she goes to my sisters and spends Christmas with her family so she doesn't really miss Me. If I went I would just cause trouble" he let's out a hearty laugh.

"you cause trouble" I purr, im not sure when I started flirting.

"oh baby you have no idea what I'm capable of"