56

I had just finished telling Travis about my night at arks house and Vegas when Kate and Richard finally sat back at the table.

"damn that's some story, you could make enough to buy a car if you sell it to a tabloid" Travis jokes.

"yeah not gonna happen" I reply.

"no one would blame you, he was a dick." Kate says. Richard doesn't comment, I think he feels uncomfortable.

"maybe so but it's not my story to sell, it's our story at its private. Plus I hate reading that crap" I say honestly. My sister June loves gossip magazines but there not for me. I don't think you can trust anything they say nor the people who told the story in the first place.

"I knew I was right about you" Kate says with a smile. I think Travis was testing me to see if I could be trusted. I can understand it, they are celebrities and I could see why they would be worried about spending time with someone who could possibly betray them for money.

"do you honestly think its over between the two of you" Richard asks. I get the feeling that he likes ark and wants us to work out.

"yeah he wants a groupie, I guess i want a boyfriend. I want someone I can rely on that doesn't just bring me around when he wants company" I get a lump in my throat as I say the words because knowing that I will never be with ark again hurts. It hurts more than it should.

"you love him" Kate accuses.

I get defensive "no I hardly know him"

Kate smiles, she knows me too well already.

"anyway enough of my sad love life, let's change the subject"

"why don't we talk about your love life" Travis says turning to Richard.

Richard stills a little but recovers quickly "mine is non existent, I work too much to date"

"you should really make time rich, the perfect person is out there waiting for you" Kate says as she holds his arm.

"maybe when I retire from acting"

"your a workaholic you will never retire" Kate retorts.

"when was the last time you dated " Travis asks.

"how long ago did you break up with Ashley" Kate asks.

"about 4 years ago, let's change the subject I always hated history at school" he's obviously uncomfortable he downs his drink and gets up to get another round.

"he doesn't like discussing his love life, his ex Ashley really hurt him." Kate says with a sign.

"what was she like" I ask.

"well she was a" Kate stops when a fan comes to the table to request an autograph from Travis. He signs it quickly then turns away, he doesn't seem as patient with his fans tonight.

"darling are you going to serenade  me" Kate asks as she snuggles up to Travis.

He rolls his eyes but eventually gets up, Kate squeals with delight as he takes the stage. I envy them their so obviously in love. I wish I could have that, I know i have years to find someone but when I see happy couples I can't help but to feel jealous . I have so many great make friends but I just can't find love. Maybe I'm one of those girls who doesn't get romance. Is it my fault do i just friend one every good man that comes into my life.

Kate melts as she watches Travis sing an old Elvis song to her. He's just as good live as he is on CD.

"isn't my man the best" Kate is totally besotted, she throws herself in Travis and kisses him as he returns to our table. After what feels like an age Richard returns with our drinks, he taps Travis on the back and tells him how great his performance had been.

"you really were great" I tell him.

"it's what I do" he says confidently.

"so rose what did your parents say when you told them you were moving out" Kate asks me.

"I don't know"

"what do you mean you don't know, didn't you tell them" Travis ask.

"I sent them a text, I haven't dared listen to my voicemail yet" I say honestly.

"Rose that's awful" Kate says, she sounds appalled.

"my mom's a real hard ass, I'm literally afraid of what she's gonna say"

"what about your dad"

"he's cool, but it's rare that he sticks up to my mom"

"right drink up were going" Kate announces as she drains the last of her glass.

"where are we going" Travis asks.

"to pasedina to speak to roses mom" Kate says, she's unsteady on het feet as she stands. The thought of her going to my mom's at this early hour is terrifying.

"hold up there Dr Phil, maybe you should go see her parents when it's not 3am and your not drunk" Travis says as he sits her back on her chair.

"tomorrow then, I'll explain to mommy dearest how this is an offer you can't turn down she will understand." Kate slurs, she's totally wasted.

"I think it's time we go home" Richard says as he orders an uber.

Travis picks Kate up from the floor, I hadn't seen her fall from her stool. "yeah Kate is wasted let's go. Tomorrow she's going up against roses parents it would be better if she wasn't slurring her words and stinking of tequila"

"arks calling you" Richard says as he sees arks name full my cell screen. I don't lift my cell from the table I have no intentions of speaking to him. I said all I had to say in Vegas. I'm not wasting another minute on him.

"you have some nerve" Kate says angrily as she puts my cell to her ear. I try to take it from her hand but she moves away. I follow her out of the bar and listen to all she has to say.

"you hurt her you asshole"

"yeah actually I do know what I'm talking about"

"Rose is not some cheap whore you can have at your beck and call"

"no ark you listen to me, Rose has her whole life ahead of her and she doesn't need you bringing her down"

"boy bye" Kate says as she ends the call.