23

Wearing flats had been a good idea, work had been busier than usual and my cab hadn't turned up so I ended up having to walk home. When I finally walked through the front door it was just before 1. My whole body aches and I can't wait to jump into bed. The house is silent so I go straight to my bed and start my nightly routine.

I take my cell off the charging Dock and message ark to tell him I had just got home. I change into my pj's and drop on my bed I browse through my messages and see one from Vicky. I click on the message and I immediately see a photo of me and ark leaving his car outside the steak house. It's not obvious it's me as my eyes are covered by large black sunglasses. The photo is a screen shot from a gossip website, it seems so odd that the paparazzi would want a photo of me. If I do start to see more of ark does that mean I'll see more of them too, the idea is unsettling.

I close my eyes and hope sleep takes me quickly when my cell starts to vibrate on my nightstand.

"ark do you know what time it is" I complain.

"yeah do you, what do you mean you walked home" ark sounds mad.

"my cab didnt show up, I had no choice"

"fuck Rose you could have used the phone at the restaurant to call the cab service or order another. How stupid can you be, you walked home alone after midnight with no cell. What if something would have happened"

I honestly hadn't thought about anything happening, I was so tired that I just wanted to get home.

"I didn't think"

"no babe you didn't, promise me you won't do it again"

I roll my eyes but I secretly like that he is being so protective.

"I won't walk home again"

"good now I'm gonna go to bed I've got an interview with rolling stones early" he says with a sigh.

"How early"

He stutters an answer but I don't hear him.

"what was that" I ask.

"10 am"

"wow" I say sarcastically.

"Yeah yeah I know it's not early but I usually stay in bed until noon"

"well I have to be up at 6 so I can shower and go to school"

"OK babe ill let you go, night"

"night"

"hang up"

"you hang up

" no you hang up " I can hear his smirk down the phone.

" OK on 3" I suggest.

We count together. When we get to 1 I release the call and sit my cell by my lamp. It vibrates letting me know I've got a message, arks name fills my screen.  The message says **you hung up**

I laugh and hold the phone to my chest, how can things be this good this fast.

..........

I walk into eco and find Sam sat in our usual seats with 2 coffees, he hands me one and gives me a knowing look.

"your a life saver" I say as I take the lid from the coffee and take a deep breath.

"so you and the drummer"

"you knew it was me"

He gives me a look " I may be dumb but I'm not blind, only your eyes were covered. I would recognise your ass anywhere" he jokes.

I push him and he laughs. "I always knew you checked me out, is that why you always let me walk ahead"

"you got me"

"so you and ark. How was it" he asks as he looks up from his note pad.

I can't even explain how good it was and I don't know where to start, "it was out of this world, well until he met my family"

Sam puts his arm out and touches my arm, he looks shocked. "you introduce him to your family are you nuts"

"It wasn't by choice, my dad saw him outside and pretty much dragged him in to meet my mom and sisters"

His jaw almost hits the desk "your sisters were there, god if your dad didn't scare him off they will have"

I think back to the look on arks face when my sisters were throwing questions at him, he looked bemused. I had felt sorry for him.

"he held his own, but yeah he did look terrified"

"and I thought I was the one who had the bad weekend"

"ooh tell me what happened"

He points at his hat before he lifts it quickly before slamming it back on, I'm lost for words when I see his  hair is bright blonde, he looks like a light bulb. .

"my hairdresser suggested frosted tips and I listened"

"did you do it yourself" I asked as I muffled my laughter with a cough. He certainly didn't have frosted tips, every inch of his hair is blonde.

"my cousin did it, she's in cosmetology school" he pulls down the hat. It's obvious that he's self conscious, I have to help him out.

"my last lecture is at 2, we'll head to the drug store get a hair dye and I'll sort it for you"

"now your the life saver"

"Well I can't let my friend walk around like. People will think that I have my very own walking floor lamp" I joke.

"Bitch" he mutters.

"yeha I may be a bitch but at least the earth won't mistake me for the sun"