79

How I was able to walk around the zoo after my wild bedroom antics with ark is a mystery. My body is so sore but I know that if he wanted me again I wouldn't refuse him. I'm a sucker for that man. Even now as walks along with my nephew on his shoulders I can't help but to check him out. His muscular torso is on show under his ripped vest. I watch him as he talks to my nephew who in turn looks down at ark likes he's his idol.

Everyone has commented how great ark is, he's relaxed and appears to be enjoying himself. I've never seen him like this, I feel like things are looking up. I hope he doesn't change when he goes back to work, it's going to hard for him being around his band mates when they still use. The temptation will be hell but I know he's strong.

"you ok Rosie" my dad asks as he walks by my side.

"yeah I'm fine"

"you look deep in thought"

"dad he's doing so well, I'm worried that when he goes back to work that all his bad habits will return"

"rose I'm not going to lie, it's going to be bad for him. He may even relapse but he will get there. You can see how much he wants to be clean" my dad squeezes my shoulder, with my family behind ark I have faith that he can beat this. I need to ask ark when we're alone whether his family have reached out, he could use their support now more than ever.

We all head back to our rooms to change for dinner, gramps insisted that he wanted to host a bbq at his home. My dad had gone with him to prepare leaving us 2 hours to wind down and get changed. All in all the day has been successful all of my family like ark especially my gramps.

Ark entwines his fingers with mine as we walk back to my room, he's so happy that I don't want to ruin it but I want to know about his family.

"ark can I ask you something"

"you just did" he replies with a smirk.

I roll my eyes "your a jerk"

"that's an observation not a question"

I ignore him and just decide to ask my question anyway. "have you heard from your family since you, you know"

"yeah, I heard from my mom and sister. My sister was pissed with me"

I scrunch up my eyebrows, that's not the support he needs right now.

"it was her wedding I missed" he says with a mock horror look on his face.

"wait so your telling me you were taking me to your sisters wedding when I hadn't even met your family" I say punching his arm.

"yeah I told you I was serious about being with you, I thought it would be easier for you to meet all my family at once"

Is he for real, that would have been mortifying for me. Its hard enough meeting someone's family for the first time doing it at a family event is even worse.

"my mom's visiting next week I would like you to meet her"

I don't know if I'm ready for that, we're only a day into our do over relationship but in all fairness he has now met all my family so really I can't refuse.

"yeah OK I guess that would be OK"

"you guess" he jokes.

"yeah" I reply with a smile.

He pushes me on the bed and digs his fingers into my ribs and tickles me until I can barely breathe. I have to kick him to get him to stop, he's laughing so loudly that I can't help but to join him. His laugh is so infectious.

"do you see Penelope much" I ask I'm more than a little curious about his relationship with his daughter. There was very little I was able to find out about her online.

His face changes a little, it's the first time I've seen him look uncomfortable. Usually he's happy to share with me.

"no not really but that's me to blame, I have reached out and told her I want to be a part of her life but I'm afraid it's a little too late"

"it's never too late, you just need to show her that your serious" I place my hand on his, he gives me a tight smile. He looks sad, I can see how much he wishes I'm right.

"why don't you invite her to stay with you next week or you go out to visit her. If you truly want a better relationship you need to work for it"

"your right, ill ask her to come to La for a week. I bet she could use a vacation plus I could spoil her a little"

I hope he doesn't expect things to change over night, it will take more than a little money to change her mind about him. I can't imagine how she must feel, I've been lucky enough to have my dad he present my whole life.

"will you come and stay with me"

I must pull a face because he laughs and pulls me into his arms. " you were gonna come and meet my mom anyway it just makes sense for you to meet Penelope too and if you stay and mine you can keep me on track"

"are you sure it's a good idea, they will want to spend time alone with you"

There's something about the look in his eyes and the tone of his voice that breaks my heart. "please I need you"

How can I say no "yeah OK, I'll always be there for you"