26+

day 1

      taehyung sits at the dinner table wearing tight black slacks and a button up shirt the color of pink. they were at the big dinner table, the one his parents used for large dinner parties only. so here they were, taehyung and his parents with the wangs, one of the kims most powerful business partners, conversating over a three coarse meal provided by the chefs.

taehyungs eyes hover on the son of the wangs, jackson. jackson wang was only a bit older than him, starting his first year of college where he'll be majoring in business and minoring in something to do with maths. taehyung can't remember. he's a very attractive boy—don't get him wrong. with defined and visible muscles and a strong jaw compared with beautiful eyes and hair that falls just perfectly, taehyung would be stupid to think that he's not one of the most beautiful men he's ever seen. but he's not jeongguk, which is what makes this dinner so much harder.

"so taehyung," jackson calls over the table to the boy who was all but picking at his noodles like a vulture after swallowing his bits of rice cake. the aforementioned boy raises his head at the sound of his name, looking at jackson expectantly. jackson leans back in his chair and adjusts his smart tie by loosening it a bit. "your parents tell me you're considering leaving busan's school for boys and coming to daegus school for the academic elite." he says, but it's a question and taehyung curses under his breath because of course his parents assumed he was leaving now that he realized that his only home—besides jimin, god he has to call jimin—lied to him.

taehyung clears his throat, and places his fork down on the clothes napkin. he says the words as rehearsed with his mother just minutes before the wangs arrived, giving him the perfect responses for every question they could ask. it made his head bang thinking about it. "yes, i am considering. busan isn't just what i'm looking for anymore...i need a challenge." it's not true, it's a lie, taehyung is perfectly fine the way he is but it makes sense.

kim taehyung, the little scholar who always knew all of the answers to the teachers questions in elementary school—no matter what grade the question was aimed for. it's no surprise that a normal high school wasn't cutting it for him anymore and that he'd go for something bigger. something for the elite. and elite it was. it was the smartest school around, filled to the brim with kids who were raised to think the impossible.

"i think you should," mr. wang, a chubby old man with a balding head cuts in. "jackson has benefited greatly from the school, even getting a scholarship for a school in america." mr. wang boasts about his son, and taehyung gapes because even if he didn't really want to go to that school, that's so impressive.

kids from korea don't get scouted out of country, let alone america.

"taehyung has been looking for something new ever since his accident," his mother interjects, and taehyung freezes, fork stuck in his noodles. he's never wanted to strangle someone more than he did right now. "i think busan brings bad memories." she adds, and taehyung bites his tongue from admitting "yeah, but not as bad as memories from when you lied to me about it here."

"i heard about that," mrs. wang applies her two cents, though no one really asked. she's a great contrast to her husband, with long hair and a slim body. she's beautiful, and it's obvious that jackson got his genes from her side of the family. "wasn't someone else there too?"

"my boyfriend," taehyung says before his parents could, glaring right back at his mother who looked at him warningly. "my boyfriend was in the accident with me."

"oh, my apologies," she mumbles, eyebrows creased in worry. she doesn't know he thinks, mom doesn't gossip as much as he thought. taehyung might like her, due to the way her eyes shine in worry and sympathy that his never seen on his own mother. "all you still together?"

"no," taehyung answers first again. "we're not." taehyung mumbles, stirring the noodles with the sauce before shoving it into his mouth, effectively ending the conversation.

dinner was mostly quiet after that, and taehyung thanks whatever god is out there that he doesn't have to carry out anymore conversations with his parents or the wangs, no matter how nice mrs. wang seemed to be. taehyung wanted nothing more than to run up the stairs and bury himself under the blankets, and cry until he physically couldn't anymore.

but, nothing can ever go his way. "taehyung," it was his mother this time, wiping her mouth with her own cloth napkin. taehyung looks over to her. "have you thought of getting another boyfriend? you can't hold onto him forever." she asks, and it taunts him.

taunts him so much, because it was her fault he was like this in the first place. he probably wouldn't have been mad if she told him that she wanted them to break up, if she would have allowed him to see jeongguk. to allow them to have a conversation like an adult. but she's too childish for that. he was raised by a child.

which explains his very simple, very explicit answer. "fuck this," and he's walking out of the dining room.

taehyung takes the stairs two at time, taehyungs mind clouds with anger. he pushes open the door to the roof, and runs into the starry night. taehyung takes deep breaths, walking over to the edge of the building. he looks over the ledge, down at the little people and small lights and even off in the distance, colorful lights signifying people enjoying their life.

taehyung wants to enjoy his life too.

a tear falls down his cheek, resting on his chin before falling down and hitting the stone ledge. the first of many, so much more that he's laying out shaken sobs.

strong arms wrap around taehyungs waist, and a nose burries in his shoulder. he breathes deeply, startled as a voice whispers in his ear, "wanna talk about it, babe?"

+
sorry this is late. also, please do me a favor and answer all of the questions below(the first one is optional but the second two aren't lol):

who do you think came for tae?

would you read a book if it wasn't bts, but still bxb

would you like a bonus chapter of jin and namjoon ?

okay! i love you! bye!

also mayhaps authornim has a crush
👉🏼👈🏼