6+

jimin was more than enthusiastic to hear that his best friend spent the night at jeongguk's house. but, it did fade a bit after he found out that all they did was sleep, not anything else. he didn't shut up about the whole weekend, and now it's monday morning, and he was still talking about it.

"so, his whole bad boy aura is just a façade?" jimin asks while taehyung grabs his red lanyard - for seniors.

"yeah, i guess." taehyung shrugs. "he was nice to me, and it's adorable to watch him with junghan." taehyung explains, and jimin shoots his eyebrows up at the new name.

"junghan?" he asks while they walk down the stairs, going two at a time since their a little behind on time today.

"he's his little brother. it's so sweet." taehyung sighs, and jimin chuckles. taehyung raises one of his dark, sculpted eyebrows and asks, "what?"

"you've always wanted kids," jimin says, as if taehyung didn't know. taehyung nods, and jimin continues. "just sounds like baby daddy material to me." taehyung slaps jimin on the back of the head, not even feeling bad for the slapping sound that echoed around them.

"one, don't be gross, jimin." taehyung points at him, to which jimin playfully pouts and attempts to bite the tip of his finger. "two, you know i don't date." taehyung says the last part in a sigh.

he doesn't date. he hasn't dated since his car accident one year ago, when he was sixteen. he was driving with his boyfriend at the time, he couldn't even remember his name. it was dark and raining, they could barely see out of the windows of the car.

then, they crashed. taehyung suffered many injuries to his brain, injuries that left him in a coma. while he was in the coma, his boyfriend died. he was told that when they crashed, he suffered multiple intestinal injuries and a brain bleed that wouldn't stop bleeding, no matter how many surgeries he had.

and he never even got to go to his funeral, because he was in a coma.

so taehyung vowed to never date again, because it was too hard on him. he couldn't even remember what his boyfriend's name was, let alone what he looked like but is pain was real.

and that was pain he didn't want to feel again, no matter what.

"yeah, i know." jimin mutters, clearly not happy with his friends decision, but supportive nonetheless.

"great, now that that's out of the way," taehyung smiles, walking into the entrance of the school. he hugs jimin tightly, squeezes his cheeks and skips off towards his locker. "have a good day, jimin! make good choices!"

taehyung continues to walk backwards, seeing jimin off until his back collides with a hard and large chest. taehyung turns around with a gasp, muttering 'sorry's over and over again with an embarrassed blush on his cheeks.

"oh, jeongguk!" taehyung mutters, surprised. taehyung smooths out the wrinkles in his dress shirt that were most likely created by him. "so sorry, i was just trying to see jimin off."

"it's fine, taehyung." jeongguk chuckles, grabbing his hands in his own. he quickly let's go while clearing his throat, and taehyung thinks he sees a blush on his cheeks.

"anyway, i was just going to look for you," taehyung says, and jeongguk raises one of his brows.

"oh yeah? for what?" jeongguk asks, creating a little more space in between them both.

before taehyung can respond, a slap echoes through the hall, effectively silencing the whole hall. then taehyung feels it, the searing pain in his ass. taehyung whips around so fast that jeongguk thinks he gets whiplash.

"what the fuck?!" taehyung yells, glaring at the boy behind him that was holding his arms up in mock surrender, blood rushing to one of his hands.

"sorry taehyung, but it's so big," he excuses, and before taehyung could loose all of his patience, there's a hand on his shoulder and a growl from behind him.

"walk away, soobin. walk away fast, and don't look back." jungkook says, but from the growl in his voice anyone could tell it's a threat.

the boy does as he says, pale as a ghost as he scrambles down the hallway. everyone resumes conversation, but this time talking about why jeongguk was defending taehyung, jeongguk didn't like anybody.

"thank you, but i could've handled it myself." taehyung excuses, and jeongguk blushes, embarrassed.

"yeah, sorry. it's just we're friends, and friends defend each other, right?" jeongguk asks while rubbing the undercut of his hair, and taehyung giggles, smile wide and boxy.

"of course! i'd love to be friends jeongguk!" taehyung laughs, jumping up to hug him before pulling away just as quickly. "sorry, i'm touchy."

"it's okay."

"great! so, what i was saying is do you want to come to my place and i'll help you study?" taehyung asks, and quickly adds, "today?"

"yeah, sure." jeongguk nods, hand wrapping around the thick strap of his back.

"i'll find you after school, gym right?"

"yeah, see you then."

+
my update wasn't late!! 😁😁😁
have a goooood wednesday!