12+

junghan cracks the door open to taehyungs room carefully, not wanting to wake him. it was seven in the morning, and sora accidentally woke him when she was doing his laundry. he complained for a while, but shut up when she suggested that he go crawl in bed with taehyung.

the boy was sold.

what he didn't expect to see was his cuddle position taken. stolen by his own brother. the two were wrapped up in each other, a mess of limbs and chests flush against each other, taehyungs head buried in his neck.

junghan gasps and closes the door quickly and quietly, before running down the hallway. the pitter patter of his feet echo through the house, and by the time he reaches his mothers room she's already looking at the entrance.

"mommy!" junghan whisper shouts, jumping on the bed. sora leans towards him and raises her eyebrows. "come look at tae tae and gukkie!" he tells her before running out of the room again.

sora is a mature woman, and doesn't have time to go look at sleeping teenagers especially on a day like this—who am i kidding? she was quickly on her youngest sons heels on the way to the bedroom.

sora opens the door this time, peaking her head in the same time that junghan does. sora audibly awes at the sight, whipping out her phone and taking pictures (more than she'd like to mention) of them sleeping together. after she has more than enough photos and videos, she turns to her youngest son.

"why don't you wake them up while i make breakfast?" she asks him, and scurries out of the room when junghan nods enthusiastically.

he climbs on the bed and crawls towards his brother, laying completely on top of him. he pokes him once, twice, thrice on the cheek before leaning into his ear and yelling, "bubba!"

jeongguk awakes with a start, waking taehyung with him. they both sit up in the bed, looking at the culprit who was sheepishly smiling at the two. "mommy said come eat breakfast." junghan informs them before scurrying out of the room in the same manner his mother did.

taehyung yawns and leans his head on jeongguks shoulder. "m'sleepy." taehyung mumbles, and jeongguk smiles at him affectionately.

god does taehyung even know what he does to jeongguks heart?

"come on sleepy head, let's go eat." jeongguk tells him, pulling taehyung from the bed by his hand.

jeongguks heart is beating a mile a minute. what is he supposed to think of this new found skin ship? don't think he's hating it—he loves it. he loves that he can touch him and that taehyung won't get weirded out, because that's how it usually happens.

someone gets to know taehyung—as friends of course. and then they do become friends, until their true intentions are revealed. usually when they get too touchy, or get drunk and tell him how they really feel. and then taehyung breaks it off, because he doesn't date.

never has to their knowledge, probably never will.

but taehyung is initiating this, so jeongguk allows himself to hold his hand and cuddle with him and give hugs, only if taehyung comes to him first. because he'd rather be taehyungs friend and get to be around him then let his feelings be known and not be able to be around him at all.

when they enter the kitchen, breakfast is ready. there are two spots empty on the table, for the both of them. it's just junghan and jeongguks mother, as usual. taehyung wonders where jeongguks dad is, but doesn't mention it. they sit down at the table, immediately grabbing their spoons.

"so, taehyung, any plans today?" sora asks, shoveling a mouthful of cereal into her mouth.

taehyung nods, chewing and swallowing the oats before speaking. "yeah, i'm gonna meet up with my cousin today." taehyung tells her, and she makes an 'oh' sound.

"fun! what for?" she asks, and taehyung pauses. just for a second, you couldn't notice if you weren't looking at him but jeongguk was—he always was. jeongguk places a questioning hand on his arm under the table, pleasantly surprised when taehyung takes initiative (again) and locks their fingers.

"to convince him to take me to the hospital." taehyung mumbles, and jeongguk squeezes his hand, tight, so tight he probably didn't even notice he was doing it. "my parents won't do it, so i'll have to ask him." he explains, and jeongguks mother gasps.

"what? is someone hurting you?" she interrogates, and jeongguk lets her because he's curious as well.

"no, no, no. it's just something happened to me a year back where i lost my memory, and my nightmare last night was a memory that came back to me. so i just wanna check and see if there's something new going on in my brain." taehyung tells her, and jeongguk relaxes, only partly.

"oh, i see." she mumbles. "i hope it goes well, then."

"me too." junghan says, and looks at taehyung with wide eyes. "you'll come back though, right?"

"yeah, i'll be back soon. i have to make sure dummy over here doesn't fail at school," taehyung says with his wide box smile, and jeongguk laughs.

god, he likes this boy so much.

"good! cause i didn't get to cuddle you today n' it's jeongguks fault." junghan says, and taehyung snorts.

"right? what a bad boy, he is. stealing me from you," taehyung whispers, though it's loud enough for everyone to hear.

"mhm, bad bubba."

taehyung giggles with a nod, "bad gukkie indeed."

+
after writing this i'm: soft.