5+

"whose house were you even at?" seokjin asks for the umpteenth time since he picked taehyung up from jeongguk's house.

"i'm not telling you," taehyung answers for the umpteenth time since seokjin picked him up from jeongguk's house.

seokjin sighs and sips his boba with a frown on his face, clearly upset with taehyung's refusal to tell him whose house he was at. he was just curios, it's not every day that you pick up your little cousin from the biggest house you've seen...ever.

"it's not that i don't trust you or anything," taehyung sighs, noticing his friends dampened mood. "it's just that i know you're gonna make fun of me or judge me when i tell you." taehyung confesses, and looks off into the window of one of the passing shops.

"one, we're family, it's my job to make fun of you." seokjin says, earning a light slap on the shoulder from a chucking taehyung. "two, i'd never judge you. for anything." seokjin assures, and taehyung sighs.

"i was at jeongguk's house." taehyung sighs. "i don't know if you remember-"

"oh, i remember him." seokjin cuts off, and taehyung can't help but cringe at the emotionless expression on seokjins face.

"listen, i know you think he's bad news - everyone does - but he's actually really nice." taehyung says warily, and seokjin nods slowly.

"okay." seokjin nods.

"okay?" taehyung asks, confused as to why he wasn't be lectured in the middle of the mall - it wouldn't be the first time.

"yeah." seokjin nods.

the two boys continue to walk in the mall, not really talking. the silence was comfortable though, so no one was complaining. the silence was short-lived, though, because seokjin was audibly gasping and grabbing taehyung's forearm as they passed by a sephora.

"team tati or team james?" seokjin asks with such seriousness that has taehyung laughing loudly.

"james," taehyung answers when he finally sobers up. "what about you?" taehyung asks the other as they walk past the sephora, and into the more popular shops like forever twenty-one and rue twenty-one.

"i don't even know, man. all i know is jeffrey is foul." seokjin says, and taehyung nods. he has a point.

"do you want to go shopping?" seokjin questions as he pulls on taehyung's forearm. taehyung looks up at the aforementioned store and then blushes, looking off to the side.

"hyung, they sell mostly girls clothes." taehyung mumbles, looking up at the glowing letters that read out forever twenty-one.

"i know you like it though, taehyung. i've seen your closet." seokjin smiles warmly, and for a second taehyung's relieved that he doesn't think he's weird. but then he feels bad, because he doesn't have any money.

"i don't have money, hyung." taehyung frowns, disappointed that he couldnt add the new released clothes to his collection. because honestly, he really does like it.

"i just got a pay check. let me spoil you, as an early birthday present." seokjin pleads, never letting go of the youngers forearm.

"i guess." taehyung caves, allowing himself to be steered into the entrance of the store.

truth be told, taehyung could navigate his way through a forever twenty-one in his sleep. he knows where all of the jewelry is, clothes are, and shoes are.

so as soon as they enter the store, taehyung beelines for the clothing racks. he likes girls clothes more than he likes girls shoes. seokjin follows after him, definitely at a power walk since taehyung seems to walk with new purpose when it comes to clothes.

taehyung relishes in the amount of shorts, tank tops, crop tops, and dresses surrounding him. he can't decide where to start first, and seokjin seems to sense his friends dilemma because he asks; "how about you get some more shorts? you don't have a lot of those."

taehyung nods, he was definitely right.

so, taehyung spends the next hour and a half shopping for cute and colorful shorts. he ends up getting two silk tank tops, three crop tops and a dress as well. taehyung feels bad, like he broke seokjins bank account, but the older continuously assures him it's okay.

"your total is sixty-two thousand, four hundred and forty three won." the cashier types up, and again taehyung protests but is silenced by seokjin hitting him on the head with his mastercard.

taehyung walks out of forever twenty-one with two yellow bags and a slight pout. seokjin flicks his lips with his finger, and then smiles.

"come on, let's go get something to eat."

+
sorry this is late and really short but yeah, have a good monday!!