16+

"so," jimin mumbles, brushing his teeth while taehyung leans on the posts of his doorway, frowning at himself in the mirror as he attempts to tie his tie. "are we going to talk about last night at all?" jimin asks, and taehyung glances up briefly from the tie, meeting jimins eyes via the mirror.

"no." taehyung answers, finally looping the fabric of his tie and tightening right under his neck. jimin rolls his eyes and spits the toothpaste from his mouth, turning on the sink to rinse away the spit and the toothpaste from his toothbrush.

"why not?" jimin asks again, turning on his foot to face taehyung who still stands in the doorway, now running skinny fingers through his hair, attempting to fix the mess that rests on his head.

"because there's nothing to talk about," taehyung tells him, and with one last glance over the length of his body he's walking out of jimins doorway and towards the living room. "come on, we're going to be late for school."

jimin rushes after taehyung who's already slipping on his shoes and grabbing his lanyard from the hanger on the wall. jimin follows suit, clumsily hopping on one foot while trying to slip his shoe on the other as he goes to get his lanyard from the couch.

"yes there is," jimin defends, pulling the lanyard over his head, slightly out of breath. "i come home after a long day of practice and see, dare i say, jeongguk and taehyung tangled together on my couch!" jimin explains, following taehyung out of the door and down the hall of their dormitory building, waving to other students as they leave their dorms as well.

"first of all, it's our couch," taehyung points out with a raise of his finger. "second of all, we fell asleep and the body automatically goes towards the source of warmth in its sleep," taehyung points out matter-of-a-factly, even though he's not sure if that's actually true.

"you were in your pajamas, tae. you never let anyone see you in your pajamas," jimin points out and that's true. taehyungs pajamas were a button up shirt and short set that have light blue stripes and red hearts all over it. taehyung was embarrassed at first but wasn't after jeongguk insisted they were cute—which they are.

"this isn't about my pajamas," taehyung excuses, stepping into the elevator and immediately bouncing on his heels, unable to keep still with the amount of caffeine that entered his system that morning.

two monsters and the rest of jimins coffee.

"you're right," jimin nods, not bouncing but slightly swaying back and fourth to the basic elevator music that fills the small space and their ears the same. "i think you like him." jimin points out, and taehyung is releasing a loud scoff.

"i don't like anybody, jimin, i'm incapable," taehyung mumbles, walking out of the elevator with a little power in his step because he's mad. jimin knows he's incapable of liking someone other than his boyfriend that died becuase even if he can't remember him he can remember how it felt to love him. and knowing he won't be able to do that anymore, he's not going to willingly put himself through that pain again. never. jimin knows he's confused on why he likes to be around jeongguk so much and the fact that he tries to push this certain label on it makes him mad.

"taehyung—" jimins calling, rushing after his friend who's power walking down the sidewalk with a passion, but freezes with a familiar call of his name.

"taehyung!" a different voice shouts, the owner of the voice running down the sidewalk and towards the stilled boy. it was jeongguk, wearing a black hoodie and black sweatpants, a grim color and outfit but his facial expression was anything but, it adorned a wide smile and brown almost black eyes lit up in what seems to be excitement? happiness? his left hand holds a white paper, but before taehyung could ask what it was, jeongguk had reached him.

taehyung was encased by his arms and pulled to his chest in a bone-crushing hug, a hug that was warm and comforting and smelled of jeongguk, which may or may not be becoming one of his favorite smells. taehyung wraps one of his arms around his thin waist, the other trailing up his back until it reaches his shoulder, clutching the fabric and muscle there.

"i did it!" jeongguk cheers, pulling back from the hug with sparkling eyes and a wide smile on his face as he slightly bounced from one foot to another.

"did what?" taehyung asks, though his smile matched jeongguks even through his confusion because his smile is just that infection.

"i passed my history test, tae," jeongguk tells him, hands on his shoulders as he slightly shakes him in effect with his own emotions. "i haven't done that in so long, and it's all thanks to you!" jeongguk smiles down at him, smile somehow filled with admiration that makes a light coral blush raise on taehyungs cheeks.

"i always knew you could do it," taehyung smiles softly, rubbing his bicep. "m'proud of you, gukkie." taehyung tells him, and he means it, and you can tell by his face and tone.

"thanks tae," jeongguk smiles back just as softly, pulling him in for another hug, rubbing taehyungs back before pulling away fully this time. "i have to go to class now," jeongguk mumbles, and maybe it's wishful thinking, but taehyung thinks he's disappointed. "but i'll see you later. my place?" jeongguk asks, and taehyung doesn't know if he's asking him to study and tutor, hang out, or spend the night but his answer is the same, always is.

"sure, you'll pick me up at gym?" taehyung asks, though he knows the answer. it's always the same.

"well duh," jeongguk rolls his eyes, playful, and ruffles taehyungs hair before walking off towards the left, towards the arts building.

"m'so proud of you gukkie," jimin mimicks, walking up on taehyungs side with a pout. taehyung smacks the back of his head with a scowl, finding amusement in the way jimins face contorts when he hisses.

"don't mock me, respect your hyung," taehyung scoffs, and then narrows his eyes, glaring. "now go to class and learn something, you idiot." taehyung laughs at his displeasure to the name, watching as he walks off towards the juniors building.

taehyung walks into school himself, not knowing what was about to happen.

+
cliffhanger😏 am i evil? probably.