21+

taehyung watches cars pass by through the window of the hotel, bag in hand as he waits for jeongguk to check them in. taehyung looks over towards the aforementioned boy, watching as the pink strands of his hair shimmered in the lights provided by the hotel. he was speaking to the woman with his hands, his busan drawl much different to her daegu one. that's one of the things taehyung likes about jeongguk, his satoori. taehyung looks back out of the window, overcome with childhood memories. memories where he was happy, and where his parents weren't dirty liars.

"taehyung," jeongguk calls from the elevator, two keys in his hand. taehyung lifts his other bag-the heavier one-from the ground and walks towards jeongguk who just pressed the 'up' button on the elevator. "are you alright, honey?" jeongguk asks, refraining from wrapping an arm around taehyungs shoulders.

"i guess," taehyung mumbles, chewing on his bottom lip. he picks at peeling skin, grabbing it with his teeth and pulling it off. he soothes the pain with a swipe of his tongue, only to grimace when the taste of blood fills his mouth. great, he thinks, i've busted my lip. "i'm just nervous, you know?"

jeongguk nods, walking onto the elevator when the doors finally open. the elevator is decorated with mirrors and golden flowers, and the elevator music is classic. taehyung relaxes immediately, he loves classic music, it soothes his mind. jeongguk sets his bags down on the floor, and turns to face taehyung, placing both hands on each of his shoulders. "do you not want to do this? we don't have to." jeongguk reassures, and taehyung sighs, shakily, as if he's trying not to cry on the spot.

he was.

"i just...i feel like if i do this," taehyung's voice does break, it wavers and jeongguk's heart breaks with it. "if i do this, it's real. my parents really did lie to me. they really did not want me to get better. they really didn't want me to remember him." taehyung says, and jeongguk reaches out to pull the emergency bar right before they reach their floor. taehyung swallows a sob, crashing into jeongguks chest.

"it's okay, baby," jeongguk whispers, and taehyung sighs because that name. that name always comes out when jeongguk is trying to make him feel better, and strangely, it works. it always calms him, makes him feel just as safe as jeongguk does. but then again, it could just be the fact that jeongguk is saying it. "it'll all be okay. but know you don't have to."

"i know," taehyung says, but comes out muffled becuase his head is still buried into jeongguk's chest. taehyung pulls back after a deep breath, a deep breath filled with smell of cotton and a smell so uniquely jungkook. he's never smelled anything like it. taehyung pushes the emergency button back in. "but i have to. for me."

"okay." jeongguk nods, agreeing, because he's not wrong. he does need this, needs the closure after what happened with his boyfriend. and jeongguk knows he'll be there for him, always, no matter what. there to help him through it. "i'll help you get your outfit together, and you can go to the vending machine, okay?" jeongguk says, picking up all of their bags before taehyung can oppose.

jeongguk's arms show through the muscle tank top he's wearing, and taehyung swallows his drool. the muscles are bulging and his veins are prominent due to the strain, and taehyung is gulping because he likes arms. "yeah, yeah. what do you want?" taehyung asks, eyes not leaving jeongguk's arms.

"a cup of ramyun." jeongguk shrugs. taehyung nods and spins with one foot, walking towards the end of the hallway where the vending machines were. he walks up to the ones that had ramyun cups instead of chips and sweets, and looks over the flavors.

he's known jeongguk long enough to know what flavor he likes. he puts in two one thousand notes, waiting for the machine to accept the money so he could get jeongguk his ramyun. he gets both he and jeongguk a black cup of noodles, and walks towards their room.