Chapter 040

Today was the day

Today was the day.

I let out a deep breath, looking at myself in the mirror one more time. The day I had been waiting for with John for forever was happening - except it was ten times better because it was with Brock and not John. A year ago, I would have never thought this is where I would be. 

"You ready, Niks?" I heard Alexa's voice from behind me. I had asked her to be one of my bridesmaids since we have become so close in the last few years. 

"I am so nervous," I admitted, looking down before looking over at my blonde friend. She looked stunning in the light purple bridesmaids dress that we had picked out. 

She placed a reassuring hand on my arm before pulling me into a hug, "This is what you have been waiting for. And hey...I think a beast is way better than a walking fruity pebble," she winked, knowing that I was trying my hardest to push John out of my brain.

A loud laugh escaped my lips as I shook my head, "Oh my God, you are too much. Thank you." 

The door creaked open and Brie and my sister-in-law walked in, giving me a smile, "Ready?"

Alexa gripped my hand and squeezed it softly. 

"I'm ready."

..

I felt a hand grasp my shoulder from behind as I turned around quickly to see my best friend of almost twenty years with a grin on his face

"You finally got the girl," Paul remarked as I chuckled and shook my head.

"I don't know how...it's all..surreal."

He raised his eyebrows, "The beast is at a lost for words? My, my, I am certainly shocked."

I shrugged, "What can I say? She leaves me speechless. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her and give her the world. She deserves it."

Paul knew that I wasn't much of a talker so he patted my back reassuringly and signaled that it was time we go out there.  

.. 

I stood at the altar, waiting for my bride - my future. I watched as the bridesmaids and groomsmen poured out. I had to improvise and use her brother and brother-in-law because she insisted on having a lot of bridesmaids and I wasn't too popular. I chuckled to myself as I watched Paul walking along with Brie Bella. I couldn't wait to see that picture. Before I knew it, the crowd was on the feet and the music changed. My heart sped up as I saw my beautiful bride in her white dress step out. 

Her smile caused my heart to melt as I tried to regain my composure. I have never seen anyone this beautiful in my life and she was all mine. What have I done to deserve such a goddess?

Once she approached the altar, I reached for her hands and pulled her to me. 

"You look stunning, baby," I whispered as quietly as I could. I hated when people heard my intimate moments, but fuck, they're about to see the most intimate side of me. 

"I love you, Brock," she replied breathlessly, "You look handsome."

I gave her a smirk as the officiant began speaking. I barely listened to his words as I stared into her eyes, watching them glisten in the sun. We gave our vows, as I told her I would tell her how I felt privately. I don't want these people hearing me like that. She giggled and cupped my face. 

"I now pronounce you husband and wife...you may now kiss the bride."

That was all I needed to hear before I gripped one hand on her waist and pulled her quickly to me. My lips collided with hers as I heard the audience erupt as we pulled back from one another. 

"I love you forever and always, Nicole Lesnar."

"And I love you, Brock Lesnar."

THE END!

sO glad to have been able to finish this. 

thank you all for your kind words and loving this story!!

you guys are the absolute greatest :")

xoxo

amb