Chapter 010

▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾

Nikki ||

My heart was thumping inside my chest as John pulled the car into the arena. We had a long talk the night before which basically consisted of him telling me I had no choice but to stay with him since I 'forced' him to propose to me. The whole thing didn't make any sense, but he was threatening my career that I have worked so hard with. He told me that he could turn the whole world against me with a snap of his finger since they believe that I'm only with John for his money anyway. The feeling of not being able to do anything was slowly taking over my life.

Another reason why I was so nervous was the fact that I would have to face Brock tonight. He wasn't so thrilled to hear that John and I were 'working on things', which I don't blame him since the previous week I was fucking him and acting like his little house wife at his home.

Damn, I missed being there. It was the first time in months that I actually felt like myself again.

"And remember, Nicole, don't go spreading lies tonight," John warned me as he exited the car with me in suit.

I didn't give him a reply which caused him to raise an eyebrow at me. Huffing, I nodded while I grabbed my bag out the back and headed towards the arena. Vince told me that he wants me back in the title picture which I was so excited for. I missed being diva's champion so much and I couldn't wait to get the opportunity at a shot at the Raw Women's Title.

Smiling at a few people, I quickly slid into one of the empty locker rooms and sat down on the couch against the wall. Thankfully John had a few meetings to deal with so I didn't have to be with him for a while.

I sat down on the couch and pulled my knees up to my chest letting the quietness absorb my thoughts.

"Brock, I just think tha—"

I heard Paul's muffled voice before the door opened and he cut his sentence off. He stared at me and looked at the front of the door, "I'm so sorry, Nikki. We must have the wrong room."

Before I could reply, Brock pushed Paul aside and directed all of his attention to me. "Give us a minute," he demanded his advocate who quietly shuffled away, leaving the beast and I alone.

He walked in, shutting the door behind him and crossing his arms against his chest. My brain couldn't come up with the right words to say because I couldn't tell him what was going on. If I did, he would beat the shit out of John which would cause him to ruin everything. I guess I took to long to say anything which caused him to let out an aggravated chuckle.

"You have nothing to say?" He scoffed, avoiding eye contact with me now.

"I don't know what you want from me, Brock..." I managed to force out in a hushed tone, "I told you already what was going on."

His eyes shot to me as his face began turning a shade redder, "He cheated on you, Nicole."

My chest tightened at his words. Yes, he cheated on me but I am fucking stuck with him! I wanted to tell him so badly.

"I know...it's just," I started, shaking my head, "complicated."

"It's not fucking complicated! Leave him! You were fucking me a week ago and now you're back with your piece of shit fiancé or whatever he is?! You're almost just as bad as him," he hissed, clenching his fists.

I was taken back by his words. Did he really think so little of me?

"You think I want to be with him?! I don't! I want to be with you but I can't, okay?! I just can't. This whole situation is fucked up but when you're with the golden boy - you have to follow rules!" I blurted out, mentally slapping myself for even saying anything.

His expression turned from anger to confusion as he softened his demeanor, "What does that..."

The door pushed open to reveal Paul, "You're on in one minute, Brock."

I sighed in relief as I pushed passed both of them and ran down the hall hearing Brock calling out my name. Unfortunately I ran into the arms of someone I didn't want to see.

"Where have you been?" John questioned, glancing behind me at Brock who shot daggers our way before heading towards gorilla.

"Got caught up talking to the girls," I lied, "What's up?"

"Managed to get you a fun storyline starting tonight. Just a taste of what would happen if you decided to mess things up," He winked before heading towards his locker room, "Have fun tonight, kiddo."