Chapter 022

▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾ ▾

Brock ||

Tonight was the RAW before Mania and I was needed to talk shit about Roman Reigns - the usual. Last night Nikki and I had decided to make things official and she was nervous as hell coming in. She said she didn't care what people thought, but I could tell she was still scared of John's threats - especially if he found out she had already moved on and to me of all people. I dare him to try some shit. My thoughts were interrupted by the dark-haired woman tugging on my arm trying to get my attention.

"Huh?" I looked over at her as she bit down on her bottom lip, "Baby, don't fuckin' worry about anything. I just want you happy."

"Do you think we are rushing things?" Nikki whispered, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

We walked down the hall a little more until I found a closet so I quickly pulled her in and shut the door

"W--" she started but I cut her off by slamming my lips against hers hard causing her to let out a soft moan which made me chuckle once I pulled away.

"Baby, I don't want you to feel like you're forced to be dating me...if you're not ready I we can stop," I remarked, placing my hands on her shoulders as she shook her head quickly.

"No! I want to be with you so bad, Brock, I'm just nervous. I need to be like you and not give a fuck," she smiled, sighing slightly.

I smiled at her as I pressed my lips against her forehead, "If anyone tries anything with you, let me know. I'll fuckin' fight them."

She giggled as she wrapped her arms around my waist, "You're amazing, beast."

"Don't be saying that shit around anyone here, they'll think I've gone soft," I scolded her, smirking.

She shoved me playfully, "C'monnnn, you know you are starting the show and I gotta see who I'm fighting tonight."

I groaned because all I wanted to do was be with Nikki all night but of course I actually had to go out and do shit. The woman giggled once again at my reaction before opening the door and pulling me outside.

"There you are! Brock we're on in two minutes, let's go," Paul yelled out, sounding relieved that he finally found me.

"I'll see you later?" I turned to my girlfriend as she smiled before kissing my cheek.

"Of course," she commented before slapping my ass causing my jaw to drop as I watched her jog away.

"Stay sexy, beast!" she called out over her shoulder knowing damn well that I didn't have time to chase her. This girl was going to get it later.

Nikki ||

I slowed down my pace once I ran into my twin sister who was leaning on the wall next to the locker room.

"Hey, Breezy," I greeted her, pulling her into a hug as she gave me a warm smile back.

"You seem happy," my other half commented as she eyed me suspiciously.

Before I even had the chance to tell her what was going on, I heard Mark Carrano's voice behind.

"Nicole, a word?" he motioned to his office causing my nerves to pick up.

What if John told him something? Oh, god. What's going on? Brie gave my hand a reassuring squeeze before I let go and followed my boss into the room. He shut the door behind me and ushered me to take a seat as he followed suit.

"Everything okay?" I piped up as he chuckled before shuffling some papers and folding his hands together.

"We're just concerned," Mark responded, "About your neck."

My heart sank. I have been cleared by so many doctors and now he's trying to create an issue that isn't even there. I let out a frustrated sigh as I leaned my head back. I felt like I had been in this position so many times. I would come back and everything would be fine and them someone would pull me aside and voice their skepticism about me getting a push or anything. It was so stupid.

"Mark...." I groaned, "I have been busting my ass to get cleared. Where are these concerns coming from?!"

"Higher up. You keep getting attacked by multiple women at once and I noticed sometimes they do target your neck and I don't want to pull everyone aside and tell them to be careful because they won't want to work with you."

"So what do you want me to do?" I huffed, crossing my arms as I refused to look at him.

"Just...we'll give you one more shot, okay? You have a match against Sasha tonight so we'll see how you do," he commented, "Enjoy yourself and be careful, okay?"

"Yeah, sure," I muttered, standing up, "Is that all?"

"One more thing, I saw your instagram. I'm sorry about you and John and hope things are civil and you're doing okay," Mark stated, giving me a sympathetic look - just what I didn't want to see.

"Thank you," I blandly commented before turning on my heels and heading out, feeling the frustrated tears begin to burn in my eyes as I avoided the looks from people as I walked down the hall to my locker room, hoping to catch the last of Brock's segment. I was pissed that the meeting went longer than usual as I saw Brock pick up Roman and deliver his famous F5 which brought a small smile on my face.

I watched as him and Paul began heading towards the back as his music blared throughout the arena

I watched as him and Paul began heading towards the back as his music blared throughout the arena. I couldn't wait to give him a hug, tonight has already been fucking shitty.

"Nicole, you're on after commercial," Brie poked her head inside our room causing me to raise an eyebrow. I thought I wasn't on till later. I just wanted to spend time with Brock.

"Seriously?" I jumped up as I grabbed my red gear and started changing into it quickly as Brie shut the door behind her.

"What'd Carrano want?" Brie questioned as she adjusted her Brie mode top.

"Told me people were nervous about my shit neck. Same old bullshit," I spat out as I made sure my make-up was still done from earlier as I didn't have time to have the artists touch it up.

"Oh, Nikki..." she looked up at me as I shrugged.

"Nothing I can do, Brie. They gave me one more shot and said if this match with Sasha goes okay then I have a chance..." I grabbed my jacket, "Ready?"

She nodded as the two of us headed out and I crossed my fingers that I would run into my beast along the way but unfortunately he was no where in sight. Fuck.

Cause you can look but you can't touch...

"Nikki!" I heard Brock's voice behind me and I turned around quickly giving him an apologetic smile before running out onto the stage before I got in trouble for being late. At least I got to see his face.